Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert ban mid-Leaving cert

Options
  • 08-06-2013 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Hello, unfortunately I have been banned from the leaaving cert forum for one day. While I admit I may have been out of line and deserving of the ban to some extent, I feel this punishment mid-leaving cert is incredibly harsh. I will happily serve a month's ban after the leaving cert but for now everyday is crucial so I need this forum to seek help etc.

I realize this may be a completely outlandish request but can I postpone this ban?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Hello, unfortunately I have been banned from the leaaving cert forum for one day. While I admit I may have been out of line and deserving of the ban to some extent, I feel this punishment mid-leaving cert is incredibly harsh. I will happily serve a month's ban after the leaving cert but for now everyday is crucial so I need this forum to seek help etc.

I realize this may be a completely outlandish request but can I postpone this ban?
    Have you PMd the mod who banned you to try to resolve this before you posted here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Have you PMd the mod who banned you to try to resolve this before you posted here?

Yes, he has stood by his decision of a 24hr ban, which I respect. I did, however, ask him if he could lift the ban given that we are in the middle of the leaving cert. He wasn't keen on the idea and I can understand this so it is not a disaster if I have to wait out the 24hrs but just wondered of I coul somehow have it lifted given the circumstances? cheers.

I can look into whether the ban was justified or not but I'm not going to lift it just because you're in the middle of your exams. Do you want me to look into whether it was justified?

I can look into whether the ban was justified or not but I'm not going to lift it just because you're in the middle of your exams. Do you want me to look into whether it was justified?

No that is ok, I will admit it was, in all likelihood, justified. Merely had thought there might be a procedure in place for such an unfortunate event. Thank you for your time.

Cool, you can still read the forum anyway if you log out. Best of luck with the exams.

Mods, this can be marked as resolved.

• Advertisement

Cool, you can still read the forum anyway if you log out. Best of luck with the exams.

Thanks dude, best of luck with, eh, moderating haha :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement