Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night out in Dublin

Options
  • 08-06-2013 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I will be in Dublin in august for two nights while attending Eminem in Slane. Don't want to go out on the lash on the Friday as I imagine the concert will be a long day Saturday. Last time I was up we ended up in The Jackpot card room and had a good sober night out. This time will be with my girlfriend and another couple so any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.

Edit: Should have mentioned we are staying in the Ballsbridge Inn (Jurys)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Coppers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

Coppers

LOL, wont be going near there anyway. Was there once and hated it. I think there is a good over 21's place called Flanagans on Harcourt Street if anyone knows it? A mate mentioned it to me before. Name and location could be completely wrong!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

dobman88 wrote: »
    LOL, wont be going near there anyway. Was there once and hated it. I think there is a good over 21's place called Flanagans on Harcourt Street if anyone knows it? A mate mentioned it to me before. Name and location could be completely wrong!!

Flannery's on Camden Street

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Flannery's on Camden Street

That's the one. Heard good things about that place so will check it out. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

That's the one. Heard good things about that place so will check it out. Cheers

Flannerys is a nice place. Actually, most of those pubs on that street are good spots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 manciuria

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the black door

Cheers for the suggestions guys, now I have a couple of places to check out besides the usual culchie in Dublin, Coppers or Temple Bar. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

A resounding no to Coppers yet a resounding yes to Flannerys from the OP.

paradox.jpg

Don't get the paradox but said no to coppers cos ive been before but never been to Flannerys and heard good things about it so that's why I said yes. I guess the paradox means theyre the same???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Flannery's would be the pub you'd go to before coppers. I think it's a grand spot all the same, though it does get very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Don't know if you've ever been to Slane, but last time I was there in 2009, we didn't manage to get home till 5am due to the traffic congestion, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Don't get the paradox but said no to coppers cos ive been before but never been to Flannerys and heard good things about it so that's why I said yes. I guess the paradox means theyre the same???

Same clientele; similar ambiance. You can do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

You could stroll up to Ranelagh from Ballsbridge and have a drink or something to eat there - there are many different options.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Ravelleman wrote: »
    You could stroll up to Ranelagh from Ballsbridge and have a drink or something to eat there - there are many different options.

Great shout!

There are plenty of areas in Dublin outside the city centre you can have a good night out in.

Harolds cross, Rathmines, Ranelagh, Donnybrook, Ballsbridge, Beggars bush, Drumcondra, Smithfield, Phibsborough, Blackrock, Bray, Malahide, Howth, Rathfarnham etc - all of these places have late night bars, clubs or venues.

If youre into bands, Smithfield is particularly good at the moment. Obviously the cobblestone for trad music, but you also get good bands at Frank Ryans and at the generator bar, plus the voodoo lounge is recently reopen and another new venue by it called Bigs bar. Sin e is close by also and Pifko across the river for some quality European lagers :)

Don't know if you've ever been to Slane, but last time I was there in 2009, we didn't manage to get home till 5am due to the traffic congestion, etc...

Not planning on drinking at all the day/night of the concert. I had tix when he cancelled a few years back so going to stay sober and enjoy it. Was just looking for some different suggestions to the usual coppers/temple bar thing.

Advertisement