Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Settlement cheque time

• 08-06-2013 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi, I had a personal injuries case settled yesterday on the day the case was due to be called. It was against a VEC so would have been state claims. Forgot to ask how long a cheque would usually take. Is this a how long is a piece of string question? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Your solicitor will tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭swht

nuac wrote: »
    Your solicitor will tell you

thanks, I would but unfortunately he's away for the next week. I was hoping someone might be able to say on average it would take 2-4 weeks or whatever the answer is because I have annual leave booked in 5 weeks and would like to book a holiday if I will likely have the funds.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It is a bit of a how-long-is-a-piece-of-string question, but if it's the State, payment is usually fairly prompt. It really depends on whether there's an issue that could delay the payment, such as considering whether to appeal or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

As it was a settlement there should be no appeal.

Expecting to have it for your holiday in 5 weeks might be optimistic.

Suggest about 6 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

I'm just flabbergasted that someone has spelled cheque correctly.

• Advertisement

I'm just flabbergasted that someone has spelled cheque correctly.

I didn't even use spellcheque ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

gonzo.phd wrote: »
    I didn't even use spellcheque ;)

i was waiting 11weeks for mine :(

i was waiting 11weeks for mine :(

I hope it's not that long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

gonzo.phd wrote: »
    I hope it's not that long!

could be anytime depend on weather you have all your expenses gone in, how much is owed to your solister in fees and expenses and never mind the few days it takes to clear the cheque...you could ask you credit union for a bridgeing loan if you save with them just get a letter from you lawyer saying you settled for such an x amount and youll pay them back in full when the claim comes through :) or your lawyer might even give it to you now its settled :) enjoy your holiday you deserve it the stress of an injury claim is nerve wrecking and draining I know believe me ive been through it before and in the middle of another one :o so I know what its like

Advertisement