Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant applications - Apply to SUSI Early - Closing date - August 1st

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Struggling with getting the documents for proof residency for 3 out of 5 years, I have 2012 and 2010, just need 2011 to get,I have no bank statements, as I didnt use the bank. Would car insurance or some letter I received be sufficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I filled the form online, send off the required documents 2 weeks ago and haven't heard since, is that normal yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭CFG92

worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Am I supposed to send off documents? I sent them my application last month and I got a confirmation e-mail from them saying they got my application. Heard nothing since and the deadline is next week :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,084 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Am I supposed to send off documents? I sent them my application last month and I got a confirmation e-mail from them saying they got my application. Heard nothing since and the deadline is next week :eek:

Yes. It tells you here what you will need to send.

http://www.susi.ie/What-you-have-to-do-to-finalise-your-application.aspx

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Yes but she should be ok like, because she has applied and is on the system?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Yea Im the same but sure if they havnt sent out anything to say what they want specifically or just any details about it we cant send anything to them!
    We rang last week asking about this and SUSI said it's normal to be waiting 30 days from your confirmation email to when they send you the thing in the post.
    We've passed the 30 days now so we'll probably ring again later this week if nothing happens but really we cant do much more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I've been on stage 4 for almost a month :eek:

does stage 4 mean you more or less got the grant or is it a case of them checking everything all over again

bri007 wrote: »
    does stage 4 mean you more or less got the grant or is it a case of them checking everything all over again

afaik it's after they get the documents you send and they assess your overall application. All I sent them was a letter from my sisters college but I'm still waiting to hear :P

• Advertisement

It takes them over 30 days to go through that :? Is there a maximum time frame they have to let you know by or is it just at there discretion.

I haven't a notion to be honest :pac:

I'm on Stage 1 since the beginning on July... Would the disability allowance affect your appplication? My mam was told it shouldn't but I don't think that is the case..? Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Is this closing date (August 1st) just to get the online applications in, or is it all documents? :O

I think its the closing date for online applications, once you have applied online by then your ok, they will sent out a document request form after your online application

bri007 wrote: »
    I think its the closing date for online applications, once you have applied online by then your ok, they will sent out a document request form after your online application

Thank you :P I got worried there :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Has SUSI sorted out the nonsense and hired capable staff?
    Had to deal with them for a nephew and all I can say is they are lucky that there is a strict gun control law in this state. Never in the history of the public service have I cone across such appalling incompetence and piss artistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Does anyone know how long you must wait, on average, to hear word back from SUSI after submitting documentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

My application is at stage 4

4. Final Assessment
    Application awaiting assessment.

How long does this usually take?

I'm on that stage now.. ju hear anything back??

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

is it odd that i submitted my application over a week ago and on the site it still says application received and being checked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

is it odd that i submitted my application over a week ago and on the site it still says application received and being checked?

It's been two weeks for me and I'm still on that stage :/

Finished off my application an hour ago.. Says submitted and 100% completed.

Just wondering how long it takes to receive an email from them? It said the email would be sent shortly confirming everything.. Just want to make sure everything is correct!

Should I have gotten one by now? :pac:

You should've gotten one already. Check your spam/junk mail. If not, ring SUSI about it

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

It's been two weeks for me and I'm still on that stage :/

has it changed yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

has it changed yet?

No, I'm still on stage one and it's been just over three weeks. Ugh.:confused:

Thats taking a long time at stage one, I applied about 3 -4 weeks ago, they sent the documents requests 5 days later. I am at stage 4 now for the past 2 weeks do. Seems to be the way they operate

Stage 4 28 days and counting :P

Looks like we will be waiting a while longer so :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Some people have already got rejection letters :O
    this silence may be good!

• Advertisement

Hopefully, fingers crossed :D
    Some people have already got rejection letters :O
    this silence may be good!