Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant applications - Apply to SUSI Early - Closing date - August 1st

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Stuck on stage 4 since the 8th of July

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

got letter today to send of the required document etc...is a credit union account or post office account sufficient for bank details? i havent got around to setting up a proper bank account as im waiting on my passport to arrive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,084 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

got letter today to send of the required document etc...is a credit union account or post office account sufficient for bank details? i havent got around to setting up a proper bank account as im waiting on my passport to arrive

whatever bank account you have then thats what you need

Remember the purpose of the bank statements is to prove things last year or in the last 5 years or so so a new bank account is not relevant

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

whatever bank account you have then thats what you need

Remember the purpose of the bank statements is to prove things last year or in the last 5 years or so so a new bank account is not relevant

as in from an actual proper bank? as i dont think i have one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,084 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you have credit union and post office accounts they will do

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

you don't need one.
    and yes, you can use your credit union account or your parent's bank account (presuming you mean when you enter bank details online?)
    It's only required to transfer your grant if you receive it. :D

If you have credit union and post office accounts they will do
    you don't need one.
    and yes, you can use your credit union account or your parent's bank account (presuming you mean when you enter bank details online?)
    It's only required to transfer your grant if you receive it. :D

thanks! :)

Provisionally Awarded pending receipt and review of course acceptance details from the CAO. 01 Aug 2013

Provisionally Awarded pending receipt and review of course acceptance details from the CAO. 01 Aug 2013
    congrats!
    Did you get a letter or was it on your status on grantsonline.ie?

Just checked it on grantsonline.ie and it says it in a yellow banner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Ilsee

Just checked it on grantsonline.ie and it says it in a yellow banner

in the same boat, but its 3 week passed since I saw it and nothing happens, I mean I really waiting for next "grant awarded" notification :)
    I got an offer for the place on early 06 of June, so waiting is killing...

Good luck to everyone!

Ilsee wrote: »
    in the same boat, but its 3 week passed since I saw it and nothing happens, I mean I really waiting for next "grant awarded" notification :)
    I got an offer for the place on early 06 of June, so waiting is killing...

Good luck to everyone!

Susi just text me there saying I was provisionally accepted :P

Susi just text me there saying I was provisionally accepted :P

haha.
    does it say what level of a grant? :D

It says

Your application is at the provisionally awarded stage. Please note you will be fully assessed once we confirm receipt of course acceptance directly from the CAO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

i've been on stage 4 since the 6th of July and I'm getting worried :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

It says

Your application is at the provisionally awarded stage. Please note you will be fully assessed once we confirm receipt of course acceptance directly from the CAO.

I have that aswell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Just sent off my documents to SUSI and entered my bank details last night. Hopefully I'll hear something more from them soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

UPDATE: Waited exactly a month since doing my application online and finally got letters from SUSI in the post for submitting documents, happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Submitted my application on the 19th July. Got a letter today asking for documents.

Well guys the majority of people waited to apply for their grant so the sheer volume of applications will slow you down.
    Also, the SUSI website crashed on deadline day because of people applying last minute. And presuming it's first come, first served, you may be waiting a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Was on stage one on Wednesday, just checked and i'm on stage four now. They're very quick now considering I waited a month to get past stage one!

Do you have to pay the student fees if you are on the provisional awarded stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

yournerd wrote: »
    Do you have to pay the student fees if you are on the provisional awarded stage?

No you don't .susi will get informed from Cao once you accept your offer. You would want to print off the email you received to say you have been provisional awarded for the college

Forever21 wrote: »
    No you don't .susi will get informed from Cao once you accept your offer. You would want to print off the email you received to say you have been provisional awarded for the college

Thank you

Anybody know how long it takes for Stage 4 to be completed? Been stuck on that stage since 1st of Aug now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Ive been on stage 4 since the 18th July :eek:
    jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Anybody know how long it takes for Stage 4 to be completed? Been stuck on that stage since 1st of Aug now

bri007 wrote: »
    Ive been on stage 4 since the 18th July :eek:

When did you submit your application? I submitted mine on 4th of July

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    When did you submit your application? I submitted mine on 4th of July

I submitted mine on the 25th June. I rang them up today to see if there was any idea how long it will take. They told me could take anything up to 12 weeks :(

12 weeks? :eek: That's awfully long :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Yep I've been on stage 4 for 6 weeks now and I called them and they basically said it could be done tomorrow and it could be done in a months time. So helpful :P

Advertisement