Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant applications - Apply to SUSI Early - Closing date - August 1st

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    12 weeks? :eek: That's awfully long :(

Yeah its a bit of a joke the whole system. he just told me to keep logging in on the susi page for any updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Was on Stage 1 yesterday and am on Stage 4 today.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭JackD9922

What does ''Your application is at the provisionally awarded stage. Please note you will be fully assessed once we confirm receipt of course acceptance directly from the CAO'' mean??

I got a text from susi saying that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

JackD9922 wrote: »
    What does ''Your application is at the provisionally awarded stage. Please note you will be fully assessed once we confirm receipt of course acceptance directly from the CAO'' mean??

I got a text from susi saying that....

It means you got the grant. You just have to wait till the CAO offers are out and you've accepted one of your offers. Once you've accepted an offer, the grant will confirm the receipt of it and will give you the grant via your bank account.

Congrats bud!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭JackD9922

It means you got the grant. You just have to wait till the CAO offers are out and you've accepted one of your offers. Once you've accepted an offer, the grant will confirm the receipt of it and will give you the grant via your bank account.

Congrats bud!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY
    Thanks man for replying, made my day :D

• Advertisement

JackD9922 wrote: »
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY
    Thanks man for replying, made my day :D

No worries! Enjoy :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 BaylesOfHay

What are the requirements to be entitled for a grant.
    I need it for next year BTW

What are the requirements to be entitled for a grant.
    I need it for next year BTW

For the college year of 2014-2015? Or starting this September 2013?

For the college year of 2014-2015? Or starting this September 2013?

Starting September 2014 mate.

Starting September 2014 mate.

Oh well you won't get any info on income limits until at least June 2014. Depending on your parent's occupation, you will need all of the birth certs of the children in the family that are dependant on parent's income, PPS numbers, in some cases proof that someone in your family is in school (applies to those who are over 16 and is in education), bank details.

I wouldn't worry about it yet. Just relax, focus on school work and your projects and when SUSI announces that applications are open, you can start applying for it. This will be around June, mostly midway your LC.

• Advertisement

how did you qualify for one this year, im just curios

how did you qualify for one this year, im just curios

You fill out the application on grantsonline.ie and when you've submitted it, SUSI will then send out a letter to you regarding what documents do you need. I was only asked for my Birth Certs of myself and my 3 sisters and a proof of evidence that my eldest sister is still in secondary school as she's over 16.

Once you've gathered the required documents, you will then send it off to SUSI and I would get it registered just in case it gets lost in the post.

SUSI will then assess and then notify you of the outcome of your grant application on the website, text and e-mail.

You fill out the application on grantsonline.ie and when you've submitted it, SUSI will then send out a letter to you regarding what documents do you need. I was only asked for my Birth Certs of myself and my 3 sisters and a proof of evidence that my eldest sister is still in secondary school as she's over 16.

Once you've gathered the required documents, you will then send it off to SUSI and I would get it registered just in case it gets lost in the post.

SUSI will then assess and then notify you of the outcome of your grant application on the website, text and e-mail.

Thank you:) When do they start accepting applications.

Thank you:) When do they start accepting applications.

They process the applications as soon as it opens to public. Bear in mind it does take some time to fill out the application as you will need to know the exact amount of income your family gets for the previous year. It took me nearly a week to fill out mine as we had two incomes and had to wait till I got my parents P90 (I think that's what it's called) to confirm it. Any errors you make will be held against you FYI

But what month like november February

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

But what month like november February

Mid May

Mid May

so i have months to wait.
    It shouldnt be based on parents wages. Its you not them that need the funds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

so i have months to wait.
    It shouldnt be based on parents wages. Its you not them that need the funds

Months! ;)

Yeah but obviously it's the parents who are more than likely funding it. Have you ever met a rich LC student? :P Everyone would get the grant sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

I was provisionally awarded the grant and accepted my course early
    yesterday morning. I'm hoping for a maintenance grant as that will
    help towards accommodation. As I'll be living a long way from home
    this is vital. I applied within the first three weeks of the opening date.
    How soon should I know, does it take long to process from yesterday? Accommodation crowd acting the maggot, want payment in full before
    I move in because of all the delays last year. :(

Guys I got a letter from SUSI saying that for my application to be final that I have to download a Final Course Acceptance form and return it to SUSI. Then when I went online it said that if I got my course through CAO that they would be notified. So should I send in the form just in case (as I did receive the letter) or should this not be necessary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,084 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Guys I got a letter from SUSI saying that for my application to be final that I have to download a Final Course Acceptance form and return it to SUSI. Then when I went online it said that if I got my course through CAO that they would be notified. So should I send in the form just in case (as I did receive the letter) or should this not be necessary?

Send it in anyway and keep a photocopy - if you don't SUSI will throw that back at you

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Has anyones application got past the Provisionally Awarded pending receipt and review of course acceptance details from the CAO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Has anyones application got past the Provisionally Awarded pending receipt and review of course acceptance details from the CAO.

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Am I reading right that the 50 odd k is the max income you can have in the household per year to get a grant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Does anyone know the grant rates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Am I reading right that the 50 odd k is the max income you can have in the household per year to get a grant

Income bandsl
    yournerd wrote: »
    Grant Levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,084 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

yournerd wrote: »

All the information you need is here

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/maintenance_grant_schemes_for_students_on_third_level_courses.html

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Got a letter yesterday telling me that I do not qualify for a grant, reason being my reckonable income is too high. However, this did not take in my parents' expenses (self-employed) and I can guarantee that I would qualify. What to do now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Closet Monkey

Hey I have a different kind of question. It doesn't have to do with SUSI but I didn't want to make a messy new thread.

If you have lived in an EU country for 10 years and had only become an EU nationalist last year are you eligible for free college fees?

Taking into consideration that I meet all other criteria like not repeating etc.

Advertisement