Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant applications - Apply to SUSI Early - Closing date - August 1st

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Did I read somewhere that SUSI documents have to be returned within two weeks?

I'll be sending mine off hopefully on Monday as I'm waiting on the last document, which is almost two weeks since I got the pack..

Or did I make this up? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

The letter sent by SUSI to you will tell you what date it is due to be in. But two weeks is the normal deadline for the documents

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

How soon after accepting will suis progress the grant? Also do they cover all of the tuition fees and student contribution?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

If i applied for the grant this year but then decided to repeat can i apply again next year?

If i applied for the grant this year but then decided to repeat can i apply again next year?

Yes but income limits will change just to be aware of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Does SUSI cover tuition fees?

I am not entitled to free tuition as I will be doing my second undergraduate course. I have to pay EU Tuition Fees which are 368 euros.

Will SUSI cover that?

My grant application is on stage 4 for the last 2 weeks, I am guessing I will most likely be awarded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Still no word from SUSI. On stage 4 for the past month and a half...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Do I have to cancel my application or will they be notified by CAO that I didn't accept any courses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,084 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

dan786 wrote: »
    Does SUSI cover tuition fees?

I am not entitled to free tuition as I will be doing my second undergraduate course. I have to pay EU Tuition Fees which are 368 euros.

Will SUSI cover that?

My grant application is on stage 4 for the last 2 weeks, I am guessing I will most likely be awarded?

If you are doing a 2nd undergrad course SUSI probably won't pay anything

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Hey I have a different kind of question. It doesn't have to do with SUSI but I didn't want to make a messy new thread.

If you have lived in an EU country for 10 years and had only become an EU nationalist last year are you eligible for free college fees?

Taking into consideration that I meet all other criteria like not repeating etc.

Yes you should be eligible

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/fees.html

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Got a letter yesterday telling me that I do not qualify for a grant, reason being my reckonable income is too high. However, this did not take in my parents' expenses (self-employed) and I can guarantee that I would qualify. What to do now?

Did you send in full accounts?

Terry Pratchet

yournerd wrote: »
    How soon after accepting will suis progress the grant? Also do they cover all of the tuition fees and student contribution?

The SUSI process takes ages

It depends what your income is - they have about 10 different grants ranging from full tuition plus student contribution plus 5900 maintenance to 50% of the student contribution

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/maintenance_grant_schemes_for_students_on_third_level_courses.html

Terry Pratchet

peekachoo wrote: »
    Do I have to cancel my application or will they be notified by CAO that I didn't accept any courses?

I'm not sure - maybe email them

Terry Pratchet

My grant is on one of the final stages but I'm trying to do my pre-reg for TCD and it's asking if SUSI is covering 50% or 100% of my Student contribution fee. Will I know this before it's awarded to me or should I email SUSI?
    I am presuming that it is 100% since I'm on HEAR also and there is no way I could afford 50%. Should I just put down 100%?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 golden4ce

Hey OulDublinHead I'm in the same situation as you. Put down 100%, that's what everyone else is doing. They will notify you if you can't get 100%.

Also when they ask you to give your SUSI Application Number did you put down your student reference number or your application reference?

golden4ce wrote: »
    Hey OulDublinHead I'm in the same situation as you. Put down 100%, that's what everyone else is doing. They will notify you if you can't get 100%.

Also when they ask you to give your SUSI Application Number did you put down your student reference number or your application reference?

I put down my application number because I'm sure they'd be interested in the application opposed to me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Im on the final stage of this for over 5 weeks now.. How long were others waiting before being provisionally awarded the grant?

deise_girl wrote: »
    Im on the final stage of this for over 5 weeks now.. How long were others waiting before being provisionally awarded the grant?

I'm on stage 4 nearly 7 weeks now...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I'm on stage 4 nearly 7 weeks now...

Oh right, weeks to wait yet. Its just annoying now with college that I wont be fully registered until they confirm Ill be getting it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lilsparkle69

Im the same "provisionally awarded" since the 5th of July..... Just hope the grant comes through on time this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Is no news, good news with this SUSI? I am waiting since july 22nd now on stage 4. I really hope I get it....

I finally got a letter this morning saying I got 100% full fees and SSC. So I'm happy it didn't take much longer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Was told I have to do my application all over again :(((

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Why?
    yournerd wrote: »
    Was told I have to do my application all over again :(((

That's awful :( did they say why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Did you have to register in college first before you go the letter from susi?
    I finally got a letter this morning saying I got 100% full fees and SSC. So I'm happy it didn't take much longer. :)

Yeah I registered near the end of August and got my letter yesterday. I think once you register the college notifies SUSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Suil Eile

I'm slightly confused, they said my award is "100% fees and student contribution of €2,500 (total payable under all these headings is €6,270)"

Does this mean I am getting the full top up grant and that €6,270 is paid into my account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got a letter from susi today saying i was awarded a maintenance grant of 3025. What does this cover?

• Advertisement

Got a letter from susi today saying i was awarded a maintenance grant of 3025. What does this cover?

The contribution of 2500 plus maintenance of 3025 divided over 9 months

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement