Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant applications - Apply to SUSI Early - Closing date - August 1st

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

My letter from SUSI says I'll receive the full student contribution and 50% tuition fees. There is no mention of a maintenance grant. Is the tuition fees the same thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

I still haven't gotten my grant, but I'm doing a PLC and was wondering if I should contact SUSI as the CAO won't notify them as it is a different application system, or will SUSI know?

I still haven't gotten my grant, but I'm doing a PLC and was wondering if I should contact SUSI as the CAO won't notify them as it is a different application system, or will SUSI know?

There should be a "Final Course Acceptance Form" that you download, complete and return to SUSI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

There should be a "Final Course Acceptance Form" that you download, complete and return to SUSI

Thank you very much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The contribution of 2500 plus maintenance of 3025 divided over 9 months

what about the tuition fees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

My grant got provisionally awarded Friday :pac::pac:

Soul destroying cancelling it, knowing my luck I won't get it next year when I actually need it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Received nothing :( do you know will they be back paying or what cause ill probably get mine in January or something!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

On stage 4 nine and a half weeks later..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

yournerd wrote: »
    Received nothing :( do you know will they be back paying or what cause ill probably get mine in January or something!
    Read fully and carefully. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

I received a letter from susi today, stating I am awarded 50% tuition and 100% contribution. I originally put down I would be getting BTEA, however, I am not going to be getting it now! I already informed SUSI about this in August. But I rang today and they told me i never requested a review? Sure i told them I had a change in circumstances in August! anyway, My total household income was 42,000 last year, which included my social welfare payment of 9,700. So 32,300 euro now is going to be our income.

Do they still go by 2012 income, or will they revert back to current income because of the change in circumstances? As I could be entitled to the 100 % fees then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,084 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

bri007 wrote: »
    I received a letter from susi today, stating I am awarded 50% tuition and 100% contribution. I originally put down I would be getting BTEA, however, I am not going to be getting it now! I already informed SUSI about this in August. But I rang today and they told me i never requested a review? Sure i told them I had a change in circumstances in August! anyway, My total household income was 42,000 last year, which included my social welfare payment of 9,700. So 32,300 euro now is going to be our income.

Do they still go by 2012 income, or will they revert back to current income because of the change in circumstances? As I could be entitled to the 100 % fees then?

You would need to ask them to review it and also take into account your change of circumstances

http://www.susi.ie/QuickLinks/Change-of-circumstances.aspx
    Change of circumstances
    Change of circumstances can impact on a student grant application in two ways. Firstly if you did not apply for a grant or secondly did not satisfy the eligibility conditions to be awarded a full or part grant (i.e. for maintenance, student contribution or tuition fees) and changes of circumstances in relation to reckonable income, or any of the circumstances listed below, occurs you may become eligible to be assessed or re-assessed during the academic year September 2013/April 2014.

Changes of Circumstances in relation to reckonable income:

The means test for your grant application is normally based on you (or your family’s) income in the last full tax year. Therefore, if you apply for a student grant for the academic year 2013-14, your eligibility will be assessed based on reckonable income from the 2012 tax year. However, if you or your family have had a change in reckonable income in the meantime that is likely to last for the duration of your course, or for the foreseeable future, then your eligibility for the grant may be assessed or re-assessed to reflect the change in income.

Where the permanent change in reckonable income has occurred since 31st December 2012, the application will be assessed or re-assessed based on revised income rather than income for the year ended 31st December 2012. Changes in circumstances can include, retirement, cessation of employment, permanent reductions in salaries/allowances/overtime and cessation of business. All income is re-assessed and not just the income of the person who experiences the negative change. Awards or adjustments will be made with effect from the month in which the change in circumstances occurs if after the start of the acedmic year 2013/14.

Where there is an increase in the income of any of the persons whose income is under consideration since 31st December 2012 this will not affect eligibility to any grant awarded already for the 2013-14 academic year. However, eligibility for a grant in subsequent academic years will be based on the income in the previous tax year and this may be impacted by the increase in income.

Other Changes of Circumstances:

In the event of changes of circumstances in the academic year relating to the following, your eligibility for the grant may also be assessed or re-assessed:

the number of dependent children in the household;
    where a relevant person commences an approved full-time course of further or higher education and training in the State or an EU Member State that leads to a major award at Levels 5 – 10 on the framework of qualifications, or an equivalent qualification, in the State or in another Member State;
    normal residence;
    nationality or immigration status;
    change of course or institution.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

would they take into account the drop in income do for a social welfare payment? Jobseekers allowance for 2012 on reconable income, and not getting any assistance now, ie btea?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

I got a letter from SUSI saying I was awarded a grant of €3025 and to enter my bank details again online, but when I login in to my SUSI account it tells me my application is still awaiting assessment and that I can't reenter my bank details :/ Any one any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,084 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

aarondoc wrote: »
    I got a letter from SUSI saying I was awarded a grant of €3025 and to enter my bank details again online, but when I login in to my SUSI account it tells me my application is still awaiting assessment and that I can't reenter my bank details :/ Any one any ideas?

Contact SUSI

Email: support@susi.ie
    Telephone 0761 08 7874
    https://twitter.com/Susihelpdesk
    https://www.facebook.com/susisupport

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Rang Susi today, they said they will start paying out on the 18th of october

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

A relation of mine forgot to reapply for his second year grant and has obviously missed the deadline,

What should he do now to try and get this resolved?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

boobar wrote: »
    A relation of mine forgot to reapply for his second year grant and has obviously missed the deadline,

What should he do now to try and get this resolved?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contact SUSI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You can contact SUSI ...

... by e-mail at support@susi.ie

... through Facebook

... on Twitter

... by phone at 0761 08 7874

All documentation / correspondence should be sent to

P.O. Box 869,
    Togher,
    Cork