Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 month old AquaOne Aquastart 900 tank leaking

Options
  • 08-06-2013 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

My 3 month old AquaOne Aquastart 900 (160l) tank sprung a leak, water just started flowing out from under the tank, just as well we spotted it fairly soon after it started and were able to get the fish out, it would not have been fun to come down to that in the morning.

I have managed to move my fish to a friends already busy 100l tank so hopefully most of them will survive, but I am absolutely hopping mad, this shouldn't happen a 3 month old tank, don't know whether repair is an option of even if it should be repaired considering that they couldn't make it properly the first time round.

I can't feel anything obvious in the silicone around the bottom and the flow rate was pretty serious, 10 liter bucket filling every few minutes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Go back to the shop. You should be well within your warrantee. Any shop should take this fairly seriously considering the damage leaky tanks could do to floors etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Got sorted by the shop, the guys were great, no quibbling or messing they just replaced the tank and stand.

Now I just have to organise getting my fish back from their "holiday" before they overwhelm her now very overcrowded tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Good to hear you got it sorted. I have an Aquaone running as a growing on tank for about 6 years with no issues. They are well regarded in the hobby.

Advertisement