Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy henna and indigo in Dublin?

• 08-06-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi :) I've been using lush's henna to dye my hair for over a year now but i feel like its really drying out my hair and it fades quite quickly. I've heard that its not actually as 'natural' as lush claim it to be and I'm now looking for an alternative hair dye. I want a chocolate/chestnut brown sort of colour so I know that I can't use henna alone or ill end up with red or orange so I plan to mix it with indigo. If anyone has any experience with mixing these dyes at home and knows what proportions would make this colour or if something else should be added to the mixture that would be great. Also where can I buy the ingredients, I've heard that some Asian shops in town sell them for a reasonably cheap price, does anyone know the names of any of those places or what street they are on? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

Unfortunately can't help you but I'm very interested myself so hopefully somebody will reply :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭purplesnack

I'm extremely allergic to chemical hair dyes so I've been using henna for years now. My hair is naturally very dark so I've always used henna with indigo. I used to get them in health shops (they came as a powder mix) but they were an absolute nightmare to use. I was told about the lush version about 4 years ago and I've never looked back. It does fade quickly, but not as quickly as some of the others I've used. It's also much easier to use as I found the other ones used to clump and most of it ended up on the floor! I can't say I've noticed my hair drying out either.

If you definitely want to try a different brand, some health shops carry them and add an egg to it for extra conditioning. Adding a bit of cinnamon or ginger will make it smell nicer, cos henna on it's own hasn't got the nicest scent!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 misstyc

Hi :) I've been using lush's henna to dye my hair for over a year now but i feel like its really drying out my hair and it fades quite quickly. I've heard that its not actually as 'natural' as lush claim it to be and I'm now looking for an alternative hair dye. I want a chocolate/chestnut brown sort of colour so I know that I can't use henna alone or ill end up with red or orange so I plan to mix it with indigo. If anyone has any experience with mixing these dyes at home and knows what proportions would make this colour or if something else should be added to the mixture that would be great. Also where can I buy the ingredients, I've heard that some Asian shops in town sell them for a reasonably cheap price, does anyone know the names of any of those places or what street they are on? Thanks :)
    a good place to get henna and indigo is the website hennaboy. I've used the indian henna and can vouch for its effectiveness. It's expensive however, but that is because the henna sold is body art quality (BAQ) which basically means it has been sifted multiple times to remove things such as sand and stones unlike the henna from lush. I've used the lush henna block and it doesn't compare in quality. You would be right in saying it isn't 'natural' henna. It has a lot of other things added to it so it is somewhat watered down. This is a good guide as to how to use henna (and indigo for example) to achieve a particular shade and why you should only use BAQ on your hair...

http://www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/

Advertisement