Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearomisers are disappointing me

Options
  • 08-06-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi, I recently ordered CE4 clearomisers from VapeRUs, but they keep leaking into my mouth from the drip tip. I filled them properly (avoiding the centre hole), and tried blowing through the drip tip to clean the centre hole but it keeps happening. This is almost enough to make me give up on these.. So failing everything else, can anybody suggest something new?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Pipe cleaners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Hi, I recently ordered CE4 clearomisers from VapeRUs, but they keep leaking into my mouth from the drip tip. I filled them properly (avoiding the centre hole), and tried blowing through the drip tip to clean the centre hole but it keeps happening. This is almost enough to make me give up on these.. So failing everything else, can anybody suggest something new?

Is it possible you've dropped em at any stage??? The plastic tank has a silver ring at the bottom if it which, if dropped becomes slightly dislodged. What I do is with the battery attached, just jimmy it about until the drip tip and atty head are as perfectly aligned as I can get em. Once they're like that, should be airtight and problem sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Try some Boge cartomisers instead. Far more reliable and consistent as hell. You can add tanks to hold 2 or 3ml as well. Flavour can be a little bit muted for some people but overall a much better device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Have to agree with Green Hornet. Never got on with clearos and I did try a few of them. Great results with the Boge cartos and an AGR tank.

Until I discovered rebuildables...but that is another story...

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

I'm a complete newbie so those boge cartomisers look really intimidating :/ haha ill try anyway..

• Advertisement

I've been vaping for 18 months and tried almost every clearo out there and all of them are junk as far as Im concerned. I think that people who actually get on with them, and there are a lot of people to be fair, never tried cartos. They go direct to the clearo route and it works for them so thats great.The modern ones are a million times better than the ones that were around a couple of years ago.....like smokeymisers that required a syringe to fill and murdered batteries. But they are still junk!

I'd bet that a lot of clearo fans would be surprised by the lack of faffing and consistency of cartos if they tried them.

The protank is the first clearo that I ever used that is actually pretty acceptable.

To be honest Id love if there was a disposable that performed the same as rebuildables.....use it for a few days and toss it then. But there isn't. At the moment rebuildables are the king but cartos are next in line. Even the tanks can be pretty damn well engineered, and expensive....

I'm a complete newbie so those boge cartomisers look really intimidating :/ haha ill try anyway..

No, they're actually straightforward.....soak the filler and vape...that's it!

Top up every now and again by removing the drip tip or buy a cheap (or expensive) tank that'll hold a days juice. Job done!

No, they're actually straightforward.....soak the filler and vape...that's it!

Top up every now and again by removing the drip tip or buy a cheap (or expensive) tank that'll hold a days juice. Job done!

How much juice do they hold? And how does a driptip work on them?

They come with a little rubber bung with a hole. Throw that away. Pop in a drip tip and that tip will last for......weeks, months, maybe even years depending on the tip.

Not actually sure how much they hold but its probably about 1ml? Maybe more....a tank can bring that up to 3ml or more.

If I didn't use a tank could I just use those with the battery? I'm fairly confused, sorry

• Advertisement

Yep. It screws on like a clearo. Just screw into the battery. Think they cost about 1.50 each or 5 packs at a discount.

Okay thanks! Think ill order some tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Jeez Green, boge should be paying you commission at this stage, I do agree with you though, boges are the bestest!

Is there much of a leaking problem with boges?

Also, I am emailing VapeRus and they are being very professional about refunding me the money for the clearomizers. Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

No problems with leaking as long as you dont get juice down the little tube that runs down the middle of the carto.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Agree about boge cartos. Get the low resistance kind for a slightly stronger hit using regular ego batteries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

my problem with cartos is that if you're vaping at any sort of highish wattage you're basically going to be direct dripping anyway as the filler dries up so fast

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

When I first got into vaping I had terrible issues with clearomizers,especially CE4's.If you really want to use a CE4 use the VISION brand.
    Its good to see more vendors stocking the original as the 'other' CE4's are just cheap clones which will make you more prone to numerous bouts of pains in the diddies.The Vision(I used the V3) isn't flawless due to the fact it's a clearomizer!! but you will experience less of a headache from using it,or go for the Innokin iClear30-has its issues but for flavour and vapour production it's the best I've used.Few more to consider-Kanger ProTank,Kanger Evod.If you do decide to stick with vaping,which I hope you do,you will be confronted with a lot of different issues concerning clearo's,carto's,tanks,ejuice etc,but given time and patience you'll find what works for you and better still, begin to really enjoy it.When you first start,you want to keep things simple because you're entering the unknown,so a clearo and ego are a safe bet,but gradually with plenty of experimenting,you will realise that vaping isn't just replacing cigarettes,its surpassing them in nearly every way.Im really enjoying my RDA's,carto tanks(only one dud boge so far-bought from a different vendor this time) and even the iClear at the moment,but Im not done exploring all the different aspects vaping has to offer and I hope I never will be.There will always be issues given all the differing variants,but get yourself some cartomizers and some clearomizers to begin with and persevere,because put simply(for cageys sake) its worth it.

my problem with cartos is that if you're vaping at any sort of highish wattage you're basically going to be direct dripping anyway as the filler dries up so fast

I think a tank is a must alright but a standalone carto would be fine for somebody to try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

The BCC tanks are really good as are the Protanks and Iclear 30's.
    CE4 type devices were always a pain in the ass and always will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Advertisement