Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back on a bike after 9 months

• 08-06-2013 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭

Most of ye know, I had a bad crash back in September, when I was milled off the bike by a dick in a Merc. My collarbone was broken in 4 places and I had some minor injuries. The bike is still in bits, but I'm (slowly) rebuilding her.

In the meantime, I transferred ownership to the OH's bike last week and transferred the insurance. So for the first time in 9 months, I got back on 2 wheels today. I admit, I was nervous heading out, but after a few miles on the twisties, it just came back to me. It was weird, it felt like I was never off a bike!

Had a great spin and looking forward to getting out again soon when the funds allow. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Johnboy,

Delighted to hear that, really am. You are a biker true and true and it was only a matter of time that you were back, it will be nice for you to be out on something slower instead of zipping everywhere at warp speed on the "9". Enjoy the change of pace....hope all goes well with the shoulder too.

When I get sorted with a boike Mick and myself will meet up for a spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    .... it will be nice for you to be out on something slower instead of zipping everywhere at warp speed on the "9". Enjoy the change of pace....hope all goes well with the shoulder too.

Yeah, it was screaming when I had it at 140kph, wouldn't go any quicker! I was screaming inside my helmet "come on ya bastid, I could pedal faster!!" :pac: :pac:

But no point jumping back into it feet first, I'll build back up to it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Join us tomorrow if you wish. Or we can meet another time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Glad to hear you're on the mend and you are back in the saddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Join us tomorrow if you wish. Or we can meet another time.

Cheers Mick, I'll get ye again another day. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Good time to be back in the saddle! I'm in a cast at the moment myself so off the bike for 6 weeks or so. Its frustrating looking out at this weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Has it been 9 months already? Christ! You really must have been going stir crazy not having the two wheels under you. Saw the missus's post on FB alright about you being out. So glad all went well and you got out and about and home in one piece! Sure you'll be back terrorizing car drivers in no time. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Soundman wrote: »
    Has it been 9 months already? Christ! You really must have been going stir crazy not having the two wheels under you. Saw the missus's post on FB alright about you being out. So glad all went well and you got out and about and home in one piece! Sure you'll be back terrorizing educating car drivers in no time. ;)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Same difference really. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Watch those post-recovery jitters man. Welcome back to the wild side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Nice one, glad to hear you are back on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Goodman John. Ill be hearing you pull into the estate again soon:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Goodman John. Ill be hearing you pull into the estate again soon:D

Yeah, on the BACK WHEEL :D

Advertisement