Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR Scheme

Options
  • 08-06-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I was just wondering if anyone knows when we will be notified if we have been accepted into the HEAR scheme and if it will tell us how many points we will need to get into the course before the LC results???? Thanks in advance!!:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

I was just wondering if anyone knows when we will be notified if we have been accepted into the HEAR scheme and if it will tell us how many points we will need to get into the course before the LC results???? Thanks in advance!!:pac:
    I was told we should be notified by the end of the month. Well before we get our results anyway. As for the question about the points I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 27 whateverusay

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    I was told we should be notified by the end of the month. Well before we get our results anyway. As for the question about the points I don't know
    thanks, just dying to know as im banking on it now since I lost my A1 in maths Paper 1..... and I need like 590 points..:(

thanks, just dying to know as im banking on it now since I lost my A1 in maths Paper 1..... and I need like 590 points..:(

I take it your doin HL maths so?

I take it your doin HL maths so?
    yep HL everything, planning on vetmed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

The fact that the points are based on people's results they won't be able to tell you how many points you will need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Well I'm nearly certain they can't tell you points until after the CAO compile the LC results, right? Since points are based on demand and "reduced points entry" is surely reduced points based on the points for 2013, which we won't know until after the results!

I'm not sure how it works though. I'm not even sure I'll be accepted into HEAR tbh, my application was a bit awkward. I don't really need it for the points, it's more the support and orientation and all..

Well I'm nearly certain they can't tell you points until after the CAO compile the LC results, right? Since points are based on demand and "reduced points entry" is surely reduced points based on the points for 2013, which we won't know until after the results!

I'm not sure how it works though. I'm not even sure I'll be accepted into HEAR tbh, my application was a bit awkward. I don't really need it for the points, it's more the support and orientation and all..
    but maybe they might tell me that ill get in with a 10% reduction in points??? no?

yep HL everything, planning on vetmed :rolleyes:

Ucd ?

Ucd ?
    yes, UCD!!!!!! :D

yes, UCD!!!!!! :D

I'm hoping to do ag science there, but I'm afraid I might need HEAR to get in there, unless the rest of my tests go extremely well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

but maybe they might tell me that ill get in with a 10% reduction in points??? no?

Ah, possibly! Again I'm not sure exactly how it works. I would imagine you'd have to wait until August but they might tell you something like that either I guess..

I'm hoping to do ag science there, but I'm afraid I might need HEAR to get in there, unless the rest of my tests go extremely well
    ye, the rest of mine need to go great aswell, but feeling hopeful!!:cool:

ye, the rest of mine need to go great aswell, but feeling hopeful!!:cool:

Good luck with them! I've only maths and Irish this week so ill have to hit the books hard after Tuesday ,,I've 3 tests on the last week :/ if I can bring meself study with that good sun outside I might manage it with a bit of luck on my side

Good luck with them! I've only maths and Irish this week so ill have to hit the books hard after Tuesday ,,I've 3 tests on the last week :/ if I can bring meself study with that good sun outside I might manage it with a bit of luck on my side
    good luck to you too!!! might b seein you in September!! ye I have chemistry and ag science in the last week, havnt really looked at them yet either

good luck to you too!!! might b seein you in September!! ye I have chemistry and ag science in the last week, havnt really looked at them yet either

You might be, hopefully I won't be relying on HEAR to get me in there :) I have physics & chemistry (the 2 if them in the one subject) , DCG and ag science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 furrypaws

Did anyone go for Arts with HEAR in UCD?
    The points are 340 this year . If you got in what points did you get in LC- how many points reduction?
    Thanks so much!

Advertisement