Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cute Wedding Ideas

Options
  • 08-06-2013 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi guys and girls. Me and my other half are getting closer and closer to get married (even though that won't happen for at least another year). But I would like to start looking for inspirations. I am looking a cute ideas for weddings. I thought having a own song would be nice. Something like this.

www.personalweddingsongs.com/

www.weddingsong4u.com/‎

www.weddingsongwriter.com/

has anybody done anything like that? If so, who did you use. I talked to the guy on the first link. He seemed alright but I won't start anything until I have more details about a wedding.

Other than that, what other ideas do you have. I just want to make that day very special and need some inspiration...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

We have. But it was a wedding gift from a relative. He had someone write, arrange and perform songs which were burnt on a CD to use at our reception. But it wasn't used as we'd already given our DJ a playlist. So we used the CD as a backing track on our video instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Easytisement

Thanks ABajaninCork! We are still not sure how to use it. First Dance, Reception or even while walking down the isle. But I do like the idea to use it as background music for the video!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd find that nauseating tbh. How likely is it that the music will be any good?

Sleepy wrote: »
    I'd find that nauseating tbh. How likely is it that the music will be any good?

To each their own.

The CD we got was excellent, and went down well, as it was a professional musician who did it for us. As a wedding present it sure beats the hell out of the usual run-of-mill generic stuff. And we were very grateful for such a lovely, personal gift.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Friends if ours who couldn't make the wedding sent us a personalised vinyl disc in glass of our first dance song, thought that was pretty cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

To each their own.

The CD we got was excellent, and went down well, as it was a professional musician who did it for us. As a wedding present it sure beats the hell out of the usual run-of-mill generic stuff. And we were very grateful for such a lovely, personal gift.
    To be fair I'm a bit of a music snob so "professional" musician or not, it's unlikely I'd rate the songs as being anything worthwhile. I'd imagine most of these are "cut and paste the bride and grooms names in" middle-of-the-road pop that your granny would like stuff... If a friend who was a musician actually wrote something for me, that'd be cool but paying someone to do it cheapens the "personal" element of it imo. I'm delighted you liked it as a gift but I'd be very wary of advising it as a gift for others, particularly if they were quite into their music.

Have to say I like the idea of that helimachopter, was it an original pressing of the song in a case with a personalised dedication? (very cool) or a random piece of vinyl with a personalised label put in the centre? (less cool but still a nice idea)

I know my music, thank you. The CD was especially personal to me in particular as it was a soca CD which reflects my culture.

Advertisement