Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Sebastian

Options
  • 08-06-2013 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi all,

Headingto San Sebastian – next week for my mates 40th

Cananyone give me any advice on nice mellow longboard breaks, board rentals as weare not bringing our own, any other info such as good restaurants..Web searchis yielding very little.

Really appreciate any help as this guy has been through a rough time lately and tryingto organise good trip for him…

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Love San Seb, love it so much I got married there. Main surf beach is just 5 minutes from town centre with plenty of schools and rental shops.
    When I get back to my laptop I'll dig out some info you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Lambretta

Thanks a million ted1 - very much appreciate any info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Would love some info too...
    Can fly to biarritz lasy wk of june for 7 nights for 140eur, and train down for a tenner each way. only 50km. might pack a tent and just camp and surf...
    any really good schools that would take you out twice a day? And find good spots if its wind beaten...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blueskys

If you are going camping and surfing you are better off heading
    to zarautz which is the next town west of san sebastien, you
    can get a bus there from san sebastien, its only 10-15mins. there
    is a campsite on a hill there overlooking the beach, which is a much
    better surfing beach than gros in S.S. There are also plenty of rentals/surfschools along the shore front there. Its a cool little town.

The campsite in S.S is up on a hill, away from the town,crowded and expensive for what it is. Having said that the City itself is fantastic, great food/restaurants and a decent bar/nightclub scene in the old town. The best time to go to S.S is when they have their Fiesta, the week long firework displays are stunning and its like the whole city is out on the beach/seafront watching and milling around.

Zurriola is the main beach in San sebastian right?
    Heres its webcam feed
    http://magicseaweed.com/Zurriola-Surf-Report/171/

Looks real nice right now with 20+ guys in the water at 10am. Im looking at the lahinch webcam right now too... Same jazz just 10degrees cooler

• Advertisement

Oh i forgot about La choncha in Seb

Heres zauratz webcam
    http://www.moorsurfeskola.com/webcam/?lang=es

Advertisement