Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Visa Debit Card

Options
  • 08-06-2013 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Anytime I type my card number in the billing details when I purchase something, it says "card number not right" or something along the lines of this. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I want to purchase a few things online but I can't. Do I have to register my card or something?

Bank of Ireland Visa Debit Card 2 votes

Need to speak to an advisor in Bank of Ireland
    0% 0 votes
    You can't use this card online
    100% 2 votes
    Card is faulty
    0% 0 votes
    I don't know why this is happening
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Anytime I type my card number in the billing details when I purchase something, it says "card number not right" or something along the lines of this. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I want to purchase a few things online but I can't. Do I have to register my card or something?

Make sure you select visa debit from the options and not just visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I've had to reset the verified by VISA thing three times, I jsut gave up using it, I'm closing my account anyway so not bothered. Never had the same issue with AIB or PTSB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ShaunaLouise92

No matter what option I click on, Visa or Visa Debit, it just never seems to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

You are using the 16 digit number on the card and not the shorter card number right?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Nope I am using the actual card number on the bottom. Is that the wrong one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

You have to use the long 16 digit number, it's basically a credit card but acts are a debit card. Try that and it should work,

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

You're a star!!

It worked thank you so much :)

Advertisement