Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

long sleeved swimwear with legs covered for toddler with eczema

Options
  • 09-06-2013 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

can anyone tell me where I might get one of these around town. the sun, sand and water are not being kind to toddler with eczema and I hope that a full coverage swimsuit might work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

wetsuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

yeah or the lighter sun protection suits. I have the short sleeved with shorts but I need to buy full coverage and hope that someone can suggest where to buy or where they might have seen recently

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

MaxCharlie wrote: »
    yeah or the lighter sun protection suits. I have the short sleeved with shorts but I need to buy full coverage and hope that someone can suggest where to buy or where they might have seen recently

Next.

Very little size s left though better to wait till about Tuesday when the missing sizes will be back in.

EDIT, I've just seen the ones in NEXT were s/s.

http://ie.nextdirect.com/en/girls/beach-swimwear/younger-girls-swimwear/8

Only Dunnes had the full length ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I got one in Penny's the other day with long sleeves on the top but the bottoms were just knee length so not sure if that's any good to you. It was only 9 eur.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Got some in dunnes recently, full length sleeves and about 1/2 way down ankles

• Advertisement

Dunnes had them for €12 for boys and girls, really good quality but I didnt see them in there Friday. They will probably be back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

Obviously you know best your child's condition, however I have found that seawater and exposure to the sun is usually a good remedy for eczema.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Check out dr bronners magic soap. They have it in full of beans.. I had a range of skin conditions and its worked wonders. Helped all the inflamation go away!
    I use it to wash me, my hair and my clothing eliminating any chemical reaction i might be having to soaps or detergants.
    Hopefully it makes a difference to your kiddie!
    Its not too exspensive either. 10er for a ltr and it lasts forever because you only need a few drops at a time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

hi ort. where would I find that lotion. The eczema is under control usually but I think the sand sea water and sun drove his skin wild almost to the extent where his skin started to bubble and when I realised it we left the beach straight away and his skin is still not right and that's a week later.

We've used the stuff above, Full of Beans in Ardkeen have it. Much better than washing with Silcoks base!

Also Aveeno takes away the discomfort, but of course to bring down the flare up, we usually end up with one of the steroid creams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

MaxCharlie wrote: »
    hi ort. where would I find that lotion. The eczema is under control usually but I think the sand sea water and sun drove his skin wild almost to the extent where his skin started to bubble and when I realised it we left the beach straight away and his skin is still not right and that's a week later.

Sorry for the delay, Full of beans is across from Argos in Georges Court.

Advertisement