Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep Of Ireland V Spain (12/6/2013 - 1am)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Good save

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

What a ball to Villa and Forde was brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Or maybe we try this radical proposition called passing the ball.

This is no time to be sensible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Good goalkeeping there from Forde, our defence was spilt open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Homer

that greek guy??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭briany

pmcmahon wrote: »
    or any other bald person.

Well, he's no Telly Savalas. More Michael Berryman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Save, people need to wake up here expecting anything than a park the bus and hope , it's a team of millwallers, derby county standard players playing against world cups and champion league winning opposition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

It's finally starting to look like the Euro 2012 game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

FearDark wrote: »
    For anyone who doesn't have Setanta.

No links are supposed to be allowed.

Jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Spain are overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Get it out, get it out, get it out,get it out,get it out,get it out,get it out,get it out,get it out,get it out,get it out,get it out,get it out,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Great attempt by Pedro, Spain just so sharp tonight.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Spain are overrated.

naaaah

No links.

Forgot about that, Sean Sherlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

First time watching the NT in a while, still playing like sh*t. I HATE this gameplan of hoofing the ball up towards Sammon to win it in the air. They are professional footballers, let them play football. Get the ball out to Coleman on the wing and let him run at the defense.

Giving the ball to straight back to Spain is fucking suicide, you'd have thought Trap might have learned something from Gdansk.

forde playing some great games, pity they wouldnt look at him when he was a bit younger i suppose they wouldnt look at any player when they play here and look at the last few squads packed with ex LOI players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

We're doing well to hold on, but christ, at times we look like a different species!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

For all their slick play the Spanish shooting has been very poor, too many shots off target.

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    First time watching the NT in a while, still playing like sh*t. I HATE this gameplan of hoofing the ball up towards Sammon to win it in the air. They are professional footballers, let them play football. Get the ball out to Coleman on the wing and let him run at the defense.

Giving the ball to straight back to Spain is fucking suicide, you'd have thought Trap might have learned something from Gdansk.

Yea good tactic go toe to toe in the passing and moving department with a depleted squad of players from derby and millwall, some players with out teams against World Cup and champions league winning players across the pitch.

Lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Well we're one goal better than then the Euros:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Fecking hell! That was close....

0-0 half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Skid X wrote: »
    For all their slick play the Spanish shooting has been very poor, too many shots off target.

good god tis only a friendly..if twas an important game for spain it would be all over by now.

And now for the hair loss ads...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll happily take that.

I normally loathe descriptions like 'gutsy' and 'brave' but that was a half where such words are appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Oat23 wrote: »

We have passed, and its 0-0. We're doing a certain amount of hoofing because Spain pressure the ball so much leaving them exposed at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I'll happily take that.

I normally loathe descriptions like 'gutsy' and 'brave' but that was a half where such words are appropriate.

Lucky seems to spring to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Yea good tactic go toe to toe in the passing and moving department with a depleted squad of players from derby and millwall, some players with out teams against World Cup and champions league winning players across the pitch.

He didn't say that at all. Just to at least try and pass the ball instead of just hoofing. I hate this myth that you can't play any sort of football at all or Spain will win 8-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Well 0-0. Spain do not look happy so far

Considering have an XI out there made up for the most part of 2x MLS players, 6x Championship players and 2x Prem relegated players I don't think we can complain.

You could see Ireland were pretty much dying from about 35 mins on. I imagine Spain will still get 2 or 3 in the second half.

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    Well we're one goal better than then the Euros:D

dont speak too soon, 2nd half trap will probably bring on randolph up front and cox centre half

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

It's level on the scoreline but that's the only place it's level. The difference is staggering, the teams look like they are playing entirely different sports. Spain's passing has been fantastic, sharp, incisive, played with a real verve and at a good tempo, only their finishing has let them down but it surely wont stay that way in the second half.

By contrast Ireland have been dismal on the ball, but that is what happens when your policy of developing youth players picks out the bigger, more athletic kids over the smaller, more nimble and technically good kids. I'm not saying we have a country of undiscovered Xavi's and Iniesta's but I am saying that there is no way that Sammon, McShane ect. are the best we can do.

I'd love a Doner Kebab from Zaytoon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Doing well so far... Restricting them to shots outside box. Only got through the centre of our back line a couple times with Forde standing up well...

Forde has surprised me over our run of games lately... Didn't expect him to do as well for us..

Can't believe it was only 3 years ago I watched Hendricks play in an sfai cup final for Kevin's, some step up in 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

There's some right sh!te ads on Setanta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I'll happily take that.

'Lucky' and 'opponents not arsed' would be more fitting.

gustafo wrote: »
    good god tis only a friendly..if twas an important game for spain it would be all over by now.

How do people post this utter rubbish? You just like I have NO idea what the score would be be it a competitive game. Are you mystic meg?

Sure if this was a competitive game I know sammon would have rounded values an buried it , see what I did there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

And now for the hair loss ads...

Plenty of people pulling thier hair out watching us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

We are a disgrace to the game of football.

At least mix it up the odd time.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Skid X wrote: »
    I'd love a Doner Kebab from Zaytoon now.

Damn you and your fine taste. Now I want one :pac:

• Advertisement

I hate watching Ireland when we "play" like this. Hoof, defend, get lucky.

As I've seen the ad for that hairloss clinic at least 6 times now, between the start of this game, I have to ask , is it just me, or does the second guy who got it done look worse?

Wait, 7 times....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Banjaxed82 wrote: »

Whats wrong with GAA county watches? Wear your heart on your sleeve ...

:pac:

gustafo wrote: »

That makes no difference, the point is still relevant. Their shooting has been poor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

It's level on the scoreline but that's the only place it's level. The difference is staggering, the teams look like they are playing entirely different sports. Spain's passing has been fantastic, sharp, incisive, played with a real verve and at a good tempo, only their finishing has let them down but it surely wont stay that way in the second half.

By contrast Ireland have been dismal on the ball, but that is what happens when your policy of developing youth players picks out the bigger, more athletic kids over the smaller, more nimble and technically good kids. I'm not saying we have a country of undiscovered Xavi's and Iniesta's but I am saying that there is no way that Sammon, McShane ect. are the best we can do.

I bet you're fun at parties

Banjaxed82 wrote: »

I too would love a zaytoon....

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Ah come on brian you should be in bed

Thanks for iterating what we all knee prior to the game, and deflecting around answering the previous statement you made, how at barca doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Nil all at half time. Another famous moral victory on the way here, no matter what happens in the second half.

• Advertisement

Doing well so far... Restricting them to shots outside box. Only got through the centre of our back line a couple times with Forde standing up well...

Forde has surprised me over our run of games lately... Didn't expect him to do as well for us..

Can't believe it was only 3 years ago I watched Hendricks play in an sfai cup final for Kevin's, some step up in 3 years

watched hendrick myself for a few years i like to keep an eye on whats coming through, hes a smashing player but his work rate tonight is ****e hes standing off players and letting them go wide around him

Advertisement