Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Emergency Procedure

• 09-06-2013 3:23am

Guys, does anyone know if there is a certain approach to students who have just gotten urgent family news? I'd really like to be with my family over the next few days so would I just have to repeat next year?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your school needs to contact Reasonable Accommodations - if there has been a bereavement and there's a funeral you need to attend, they can have you start an exam at 7am (for example) the day of the funeral. Otherwise you will need to sit the exam(s) next year.

Reasonable Accommodations:
    Email: sec.specialneeds@examinations.ie
    Phone: 090-6442781, 6442783
    Fax: 090-6442744

It's possible there is someone in Reasonable Accommodations during the weekend. The SEC in Athlone is almost a 24 hour operation during June.

spurious wrote: »
    Your school needs to contact Reasonable Accommodations - if there has been a bereavement and there's a funeral you need to attend, they can have you start an exam at 7am (for example) the day of the funeral. Otherwise you will need to sit the exam(s) next year.

Reasonable Accommodations:
    Email: sec.specialneeds@examinations.ie
    Phone: 090-6442781, 6442783
    Fax: 090-6442744

It's possible there is someone in Reasonable Accommodations during the weekend. The SEC in Athlone is almost a 24 hour operation during June.

Thanks Spurious! I may, unfortunately, need this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Try ring them today after 12 or so. otherwise, they should be there from 7 tomorrow morning.
    There are supervisors on standby all over the country to do this sort of emergency supervision.

Advertisement