Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Help

Options
  • 09-06-2013 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I'm doing my leaving cert this year and I'm wandering about future jobs. I want to work in either the biomedical engineering sector or in nanoscience. I'm just wandering if there is anyone on here that can give me a few details about what their job entails if they work in either of the respective sectors. I've also heard that if you get a science degree you can go straight on and do a ME, I'd really like to know if that true! So far the only place I know of that has any sort of Nanoscience degree is in TCD! Also If you would be able to give some indications on salary, work hours, type of work etc.. that would be great

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Well, you face the age-old dilemma between science and engineering.

Science is the tougher option, you really need a PhD to be taken seriously, which can take 5 years post-undergrad degree. Rewards are mostly intellectual (which can be huge, if you make a discovery), postdocs start around 37-38k pa payscale in Ireland.

Don't know a lot about engineering, but many get work with a good honours undergrad degree.

Advertisement