Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco grocery shopping online not working?

Options
  • 09-06-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22 ThunderousRage

Has anyone else had issues with tesco grocery shopping sign in?

Clicking the sign in link at the top of the page redirects me to an error page and I simply cannot sign in. This issue has been going on for the last couple of months. I previously had no issues ordering my food shopping online.

Anyone else affected by this? A google search didn't bring up any info.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Working perfectly here. Try clearing your cache and cookies. Seems like they have updated their cookie policy so "might" have something to do with that? No harm in clearing out temp folders/cache/cookies every so often anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ThunderousRage

Soundman wrote: »
    Working perfectly here. Try clearing your cache and cookies. Seems like they have updated their cookie policy so "might" have something to do with that? No harm in clearing out temp folders/cache/cookies every so often anyway.

Clearing the cache and everything else via google chrome allowed me to sign in but I am still getting errors trying to book a delivery slot and cannot view or search for any groceries.

Really frustrating.

Have you tried a different browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you tried to contact Tesco support?

I'd also suggest trying a standard browser such as IE

Since the site appears to be fine here, try updating your flash player.

Make sure to untick the box for McAfee installation first though!

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    Have you tried to contact Tesco support?

I'd also suggest trying a standard browser such as IE
    Since the site appears to be fine here, try updating your flash player.

Make sure to untick the box for McAfee installation first though!

Tried on IE, Chrome and Safari. On both Windows and Mac. I guess it must be a problem with my account, I'll give tesco support a call.

Update the Flash Player first.

Update the Flash Player first.

I'm convinced that this isn't a browser issue. It seems more like either my account is screwed or the url redirects are somehow wrong.
    Edit: Just created another account to see and again had the same issue on all browsers.

Also called customer support which claims to be open until 4pm today (for the online grocery section) and I just got an automated response that told me it was open until 4pm and then cut me off. *sigh*

Have you tried it?

AGAIN: Update your flash player and reboot the computer.

• Advertisement

Have you tried it?

Yeah I updated flash player and no change. This issue is so strange...

Edit: Further info.. if I use the search box and type in for example "milk" (without quotes) i get the following error message at the top of the page: "Sorry, Selling Location is not found"

Did you reboot your computer?

Also when you updated your flash player did you have your browsers closed once installation started?

Also when you updated your flash player did you have your browsers closed once installation started?
    Did you reboot your computer?

Yes and yes. I am actually a software developer (for the past 8 years professionally) so i'm not a computer novice by any means. That being said, I have also sent an email to tesco support to see if they have any ideas.

One final thing then. Go to your MY ACCOUNT, and check your address book. I just went to mine to see if I was getting the same problems, and my address book was empty. Had to put my address back in, and even at that it put it in wrong even though I triple checked first... Haha.

One final thing then. Go to your MY ACCOUNT, and check your address book. I just went to mine to see if I was getting the same problems, and my address book was empty. Had to put my address back in, and even at that it put it in wrong even though I triple checked first... Haha.

Yeah address book lists my home address (and correctly). Thanks for all the help so far. When I started this thread I was hoping it would be a known widespread issue lol.

Right. You're on your own then. I'm stumped! :P

I had this issue with tesco a while back, well, mum did. I think she still can't log on on hers, but I can. I use chrome, but chrome on her laptop didn't make a difference. Tesco support were stumped and couldn't help
    No idea what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brendangg

I know it is a few days since you posted last but I had a problem with an on-line order I e mailed customer service at customer.service@tesco.ie and got a phone call to resolve problem within 2 hours! Try that approach if still struggling to sort out issue. Using a Chrome web browser and have not had a problem with log in or shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Clearing the cache and everything else via google chrome allowed me to sign in but I am still getting errors trying to book a delivery slot and cannot view or search for any groceries.

Really frustrating.

I get that when I put my home address in, I am outside the delivery area.

When I put in an adress closer to the store it all works. (I do this to do a price checks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Ardilaun

Yeah I updated flash player and no change. This issue is so strange...

Edit: Further info.. if I use the search box and type in for example "milk" (without quotes) i get the following error message at the top of the page: "Sorry, Selling Location is not found"

Hi! Just wondering if you managed to get this sorted as I'm having the same problems and getting the error message "selling location not found"

Advertisement