Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Grobag to blankets

Options
  • 09-06-2013 12:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭

DS is 18 months (today :)) and has been in a Grobag since 3 months. He will probably only get another 3 months or so out of the largest grobags.

How have you moved them out of the Grobag and into using sheets, blankets, duvets etc. obviously he wouldn't die of cold tonight but for when the weather turns, I am conscious that he is not used to bundling clothes around him if he gets cold.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

We moved our little one out of grobags a few weeks ago. She'd just kick her way out if them and wind up cold in the meantime. But she won't keep the blankets on either. In this weather we can't say much. I can't keep them on. But at least I can pull them up half way through the night. :)

Not sure what to do either. I thought about making my own? Anybody done similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 loopy83

Hi you can get grobags that go up to 36 months, I bought one in tk max this weekend, it's huge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah we got one 18 to 36 months too, nice & big, but the poppers are on the shoulders & for a stroppy almost 20 month old, she can get out of them easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I've been using the up to 36 gro bags and our son has never gotten out of it himself.

You can also get specific sheets/duvet cover which I think are zipped so toddlers can't kick them off. They're made by the gro company and cost around €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

My baby is 19 months and has been in a grobag since she was 3 months old. I did buy a grobag that lasts until the baby is 36 months in TKmaxx but haven't used it. When we had the warm weather I put her into the cot without any grobag. The first two nights she played havoc, once she discovered that there wasn't anything restricting/covering her feet she spent her time examining her toes, kicking her feet out at all angles, jumping in the cot. But on the 3rd night she the novelty had worn off. Now she sleeps fine with a tucked in blanket. I won't be returning to grobags with her in case the novelty returns when she grows out of the one I have again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

I also got the grobag to 36mths, no poppers on shoulders, just zipper at the front that you can either zip from top or bottom, at the bottom, the zip is well hidden in a little pocket with a big popper would be hard enough to get out of it themselves. My daughter has never really attempted any escapes anyway. Our house is quite cold, even in warm weather, so the longer I can keep them in that the better.
    We moved her into big bed last week and was worried about keeping the grobag but its been fine!

Sorry, no experience of moving them out of them yet!

Advertisement