Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre-Ordering GTA V Collectors Edition at Gamestop?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Head to your local gamestop, bonesy. Those orders wont necessarily represent actual in-store orders so you might get lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Where's the best place to pre-order the Special Edition online to receive it on the release date?

<Edit>

Or to be more specific, do you reckon I'd get it on the release date if I choose express delivery from GameStop?

xerces wrote: »
    Where's the best place to pre-order the Special Edition online to receive it on the release date?

<Edit>

Or to be more specific, do you reckon I'd get it on the release date if I choose express delivery from GameStop?

I'd say it's likely you'd get it on release day, alright. However, even for a significant (~50%) saving, I wouldn't do it.

Can only speak for myself, but knowing that the game is out and there are people in Tesco around the corner at midnight getting copies would annoy me. Sitting in the room at the front of the house staring out the following morning, waiting on the post man would drive me spare.

And if he came and didn't have it, waiting that extra day would leave me severely angered and frustrated, so much so, that I'd probably end up rushing to Tesco or Game Stop to buy it anyway.

I should point out that GTA is pretty much the only game I play (or plan to play), so I'm eagerly anticipating it. However, for the sake of feck all in the difference (if there even is any saving to be made!) I'd rather know I can pop into a local shop and pick it up at the earliest opportunity.

Thanks for that, I wonder can I pre-order either the special or collector's edition if I go into Tesco?

The collector's edition is available to pre-order again off GameStop.ie.

I know it's a ridiculous price and I initially thought I wouldn't bother, but fuck it, I've pre-ordered one since I buy very few games these days. The garage with the hotrod and sports bike sounds cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I was talking to a good friend of mine who works in a GameStop and he said that the Collectors Edition is very limited in Ireland, apparently each GameStop was assigned only 2 CE's a shop. I'd reckon there may be one or two more in the Dublin outlets, but it'd be hard to get a hold of.

I'd say your best best with be to go online as mentioned before. Do the R* Warehouse be fast in sending out games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Guys you can preorder the collectors edition for ps3 from game.co.uk with a £20 deposit and the £100 later. Shipping is around £3.

I only went this route as gamestop were sold out, and I don't trust harvey norman. It's a few euro cheaper too and they ship for release day, so you should get it on the 17th.

I think they have both editions for both platforms in stock too...have a look here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,320 ✭✭✭✭Penn

xerces wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I wonder can I pre-order either the special or collector's edition if I go into Tesco?

As far as I know, Tesco does neither pre-orders nor special/collector editions.

Penn wrote: »
    As far as I know, Tesco does neither pre-orders nor special/collector editions.

OK that's grand.

I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition online from GameStop a few weeks ago. Notably, the Collector's Edition isn't displayed at all now when I follow the link in the OP.

Advertisement