Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice period?

Options
  • 09-06-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi, quick question. My contract is up at the end of the month after the first year. If I decide to move do I need to provide a full months notice or will it be taken that the contract will just end and I can move from the 1st of next month?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Technically you dont have to give notice, but its generally considered to be good form to give a months notice when leaving at the end of a fixed term lease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

As djimi says, at the end of a fixed term contract you do not have to give notice that you are moving out.

However, in order to avoid disputes, it would be a good idea to advise the landlord that you will not be staying and request a pre-exit inspection a couple of weeks prior to your vacating so that any problems as regards dirt, damage, breakages, etc can be sorted before you leave and this will help to get your full deposit returned.

Advertisement