Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 9, June 15th : Day of Who?

Options
  • 09-06-2013 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Welp. That was a break from tournaments. And now, on with the show:
    We're back in the Exchange. Entry price will be as follows; 5 euro to go towards the Exchange, with one entry to a single tournament costing 5 quid, entry to all tournaments costing 10.
    Prizes will be paid out with ratio to the total number of entrants based off the total prize pot. Thus, the bigger the tournament, the bigger the money. Tournament running order will be decided based off whom has to come and go; if there's more northerners who can't spend the night or make it for longer than say, 4 hours, we'll push back start times on more popular tournaments. The schedule for this is very wacky, as we're doing a late tournament. We'll be running our opening tournaments as close to 4.30 as possible, and we have the space till 11.30. I would prefer not running up till that point, as holy hell that would be late.
    The games to be held at this will be Injustice/MvC/tekken.

We need consoles for this tournament, and spare monitors would not go awry. PM me with details (console type, patches, monitor connectors), and I'll see you get a discount on the day. Lack of PMs may mean lack of discount so get busy :P
    Tournament order will be decided by vote of people in this thread with regards to what time suits them best: though tekken will have to take place across multiple platforms, MvC will be Xbox only, and Injustice PS3 only.
    Apologies are in order for the lateness of my own organization, I've been all over the place, sorry chaps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds, except for UMvC3, which will be best of 3 games. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played. Tekken will be played according to its tournament standard type.
    Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs or Infernos (where applicable) will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly seeded.

1. All characters are useable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist types may not.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute. This includes pausing during cinematic supers/hypers, except in the case of a character death being guaranteed by the super/hyper.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No white track suits please. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

There a particular reason that Injustice is PS3 only? Seems like most of our Injustice players use 360.

I'll be there with a PS3 with TTT2 installed on it. It's possible, though highly unlikely I'll have Injustice too. If my monitor arrives by then I'll have it with me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

If I can make it to this, I'll happily run TTT2 brackets for you if you want Voa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

My attendance will be dependent on Tekken going on first.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

ae?

• Advertisement

There a particular reason that Injustice is PS3 only? Seems like most of our Injustice players use 360.

I'll be there with a PS3 with TTT2 installed on it. It's possible, though highly unlikely I'll have Injustice too. If my monitor arrives by then I'll have it with me too.
    Its updates have been MK9 style; playing on a 360 will not allow patched gameplay. (as far as I know).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I'll be there for IGAU, I'll bring a console if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

on till 1130? hmm i see.
    well if i could bring my ps3, id have to be packed up and out of there by 11 to make sure i got the last train home.

with the injustice on xbox or ps3,
    im not 100% patches run on xbox like they did for mk9, easy way to check for the moment is disconnect xbox from internet all together and check does flash still have a MB lighting charge and WW can jump straight after a b3 on hit with no delay.
    anyway to my knowledge dont most (if not all) the xbox injustice users have dual modded sticks were as most (if not all) of ps3 users use pad? converters could be a option sure. i have a qanba so i dont care either way as long as theres no issues with xbox patches.

also now that i think about it, voa is batgirl banned or not?

she can do a mb move (mb bola) when she has zero meter,still uses a meter when she does have meter though.
    there is a confirmed fix coming but im not sure yet will that be released next wednesday or when the 4th dlc is out in like 3 or so weeks.

its a easily policed glitch if we should allow her, if u do a mb bola when u have no meter you get dq'ed.
    (mb bola is not something u can do by mistake,you have to wait till the bola hits then while there trapped you have 1-2 seconds to press mb,so u could even have time to look at your meter and double check your meter)

To be honest, I don't know what the standard procedure for this kind of stuff is, so I leave it up to you to decide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I say we let it rock. No DLC chars should be banned.

Also I would like to announce that I am know maining Batgirl. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

also now that i think about it, voa is batgirl banned or not?

she can do a mb move (mb bola) when she has zero meter,still uses a meter when she does have meter though.
    there is a confirmed fix coming but im not sure yet will that be released next wednesday or when the 4th dlc is out in like 3 or so weeks.

its a easily policed glitch if we should allow her, if u do a mb bola when u have no meter you get dq'ed.
    (mb bola is not something u can do by mistake,you have to wait till the bola hits then while there trapped you have 1-2 seconds to press mb,so u could even have time to look at your meter and double check your meter)

We can ban her for now, no BatGirl players atm anyway so really either way is fine

Nutrient wrote: »
    We can ban her for now, no BatGirl players atm anyway so really either way is fine

yea i dont care either way really, just thought id ask.
    but i do think we should keep the same rules as the 1st tourny with the stages.
    random 1st stage,loser has choice to 50/50 or rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

What's this? Offline Marvel? On the week where my router keeps going nuts and screwing up my practice?

Thank you Voa!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

When's AE?

When you damn well run it.

Also known as the 13th next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I'll try to make this with my gdlk magnus..

Won't be in for this, got a birthday to attend to.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Which tourney is going on first? Do we have an order for which is on first, second and third?

As of now? No. I'm looking at Injustice/MvC as first games with Tekken on second right now. I still someone to test if Injustice/Tekken run with DLC still active after being disconnected from the internet.
    Also, as it stands, we're seriously lacking consoles of both varieties for the tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Voa wrote: »
    As of now? No. I'm looking at Injustice/MvC as first games with Tekken on second right now. I still someone to test if Injustice/Tekken run with DLC still active after being disconnected from the internet.
    Also, as it stands, we're seriously lacking consoles of both varieties for the tournament.

Feel free to hit up the Tekken thread again looking, I aint going to ban you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Due to two children's birthday celebrations clashing, I'll be unable to attend.

:(

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be in, can bring 0 lag monitor and xbox, if needed

Most certainly will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

I PM'ed you 2 days ago offering a Monitor and Xbox man.
    You didn't get back to me.

I make no assertations about the lagless nature of the monitor, but, it was used @ the first Infergus and there were no complaints, and personally, I thought it was more than fine.
    Its got a VGA input only though so would need a converter of some sort.
    I still someone to test if Injustice/Tekken run with DLC still active after being disconnected from the internet.
    Tekken's fine.
    Once the DLC is on the console (xbox anyway) it's accessible without internet connection.
    You just have to make sure your logged into the same profile as the DLC was dowloaded with. (Again, I speaking about xbox)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Dont think I can make this frown.png

Tekken lads, do me proud :D

Patrick, I wanna see Nina/Angel in grand finals :pac:

I PM'ed you 2 days ago offering a Monitor and Xbox man.
    You didn't get back to me.
    Addressed. Sorry about that.

Alright, if Tekken is okay offline, we can use every patched console to run it as fast as possible. Which means it should probably be our first tourney.
    2/3 games (how are rounds handled?) and 3/5 grand final (provided we're on schedule).

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Tekken lads, do me proud :D

Patrick, I wanna see Nina/Angel in grand finals :pac:

There will be an Angel in grand finals but it will be mine and it's gonna be right next to my Kuni. :D
    Addressed. Sorry about that.

Alright, if Tekken is okay offline, we can use every patched console to run it as fast as possible. Which means it should probably be our first tourney.
    2/3 games (how are rounds handled?) and 3/5 grand final (provided we're on schedule).

Yeah 2/3 games and 3/5 grand final is fine. It will have to be 3/5 rounds per game though. That's the Tekken way.

I don't really mind when Tekken is ran as long as it doesn't go on too late because my last bus is at 11:00

Also hopefully we will be able to get some Tekken matches recorded. Doom there is a custard cream in it for you if record a few games. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I'll definitely be there to prove how terrible DT's mAgNUS is, but it might be as late as 4:40pm D:

Advertisement