Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 9, June 15th : Day of Who?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just to point out I HAVE been able to get wired connections in the exchange in the past.

If we get mega desperate, like!

Also hopefully we will be able to get some Tekken matches recorded. Doom there is a custard cream in it for you if record a few games. ;)

As much as I want that custard cream, it's the TO, not I, who decides what gets recorded (although historically I do get a bit shirty if I don't get at least the top 3 from all games).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

I can bring a xbox with a copy of marvel

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

I'll try to make it for Injustice. I can bring an Xbox along if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

I may show up for a bit just to win marvel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

turns out im not going to be able to make this.
    ...gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

i have to leave around half 6 :( any chance my old buddy old pal voa running inj first? :D
    turns out im not going to be able to make this.
    ...gutted

ok fr letters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Important notice:

Tourney moved to XGC

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Moooved? You told me it was cancelled >:C

Nutrient trying to prevent the real competition from entering.

But yeah, sorry guys. I literally watched the train leave the station once I got there. Wasn't able to make it on time ,_,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

What happened to the Exchange?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Fergus_ wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Fergus_ wrote: »

I'd like to know this too?

Did we have no consoles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'd like to know this too?

Did we have no consoles?

Apparently on the exchange timetable it said "console" for today's time slot.

Turns out "console" was not a gaming thing i.e. someone else (a charity called Console!) had the time slot booked.

I have no idea if the Exchange was booked/contacted prior to this tournament or if it was assumed "console" was us or something else entirely, all I know is the above!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

It would seem that they did indeed have console then, chopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Konata wrote: »

Turns out "console" was not a gaming thing i.e. someone else (a charity called Console!) had the time slot booked.

I have no idea if the Exchange was booked/contacted prior to this tournament or if it was assumed "console" was us or something else entirely, all I know is the above!

Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Konata wrote: »

Get those monitors out of there right the f**k now.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Get those monitors out of there right the f**k now.

And put them where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    And put them where?

chunkis' car boot, official lag tester of ireland :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

IN fairness, this was pretty much my screw up.

Long story short, myself and Aileen had made a preliminary booking for this weekend. I was under the assumption that Nutrient had paid the advance on the storage some time ago (about a month), and that our "fundraiser" had been moved to Saturday. Turns out, Nutrient didn't actually find the guy to pay the money to, so we have yet to cough up cash to them.
    Since I was busy with work, and graduating, I've been stressed to **** and just kinda going with things. I should have made a check in to confirm this was our booking after ours vanished. A fundraiser for a charity called Console...you can imagine I was a bit "oh deary me" about this.

Regardless, we went ahead with the tournaments. I think those who turned out had a good day :P Doom will have the videos up later.

I'll contact the Exchange myself for next month (the 13th) to have a tourney on Evo day, and sort this out, including the cash we're gonna donate to them.
    Again, I'll ask that people not jump the gun, I still think we can have good relations with the people at the Exchange. I was a little bit silly on this occurrence :pac:

Ggs to lars and artyom today

Congrats to dark talant and kuro winning the tourneys

Big thanks to Doom keeping the web informed of our existence. (Wanted a kebab once I got home)

• Advertisement

Yeah this isn't really the exchanges fault.

Good day was had anyway, by me!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

If I'd been able to play on stream the way I had during casuals I wouldn't be about to jump a 40-foot height onto every fighting game I ever own gathered into a pile.

Thanks for today, fellas. I got some training in, and I was flatted by how the Injustice crowd took the time to show me some of the game. 'Til next time, folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

Was sick i couldn't go to this, the lads knew in advance

@Kuro winning Injustice why am i not surprised, F the Core haha, but big up man, look forward to watch streams if there is any

Was sick i couldn't go to this, the laads knew in advance

@Kuro winning Injustice why am i not suprised, **** the Core haha, but big up man, look forward to watch streams if there is any

Was no IGAU tourney he won TTT2

Not enough people attended

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

Nutrient wrote: »

Was about to say you serious, but its def believable

what was there like 3?, everyone was busy, so im sure if we book an Injustice tourny on the right day we get a full house, how many where we missing, to make it official?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Nutrient wrote: »

Don't listen to him, I won Inj and Tekken.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jimpy

See this is another reason why I wouldn't bother to go all the way to Dublin for tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

sounds like it was a zzz tourney...

... only because no ae.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Jimpy wrote: »
    See this is another reason why I wouldn't bother to go all the way to Dublin for tournaments.

Emm I travel from Westmeath every time to go to a tournament and my house is a bit away from the bus stop. Tonight I got stuck for a lift so I had to walk a hour home in the pitch black and pissing rain after I get off the bus. Lugging a console and an arcade stick on my back might I add. But after all the effort I went to I will say it was totally worth it. I had a great time like I do at every tournament even though there was a couple of complications with this one. So I would say that you should go to the bother of going to tournaments in Dublin because they are extremely fun.

On a lighter note. GGs guys. Aside from the slight confusion with the exchange that left a couple of us standing outside for 20 mins wondering what was going on it was a great tourney.

Fair play to DT and Kuro for winning. Good games to Vagrant for beasting me with his Devil Jin twice. Thanks to Doom for recording and letting me do commentary the whole day, you know I love doing it. Then of course big thanks to Voa for organising the whole event.

Oh and Tekken lads. I was going to put you on blast but you managed to redeem yourselves by actually showing up in the end. :D

• Advertisement

Jimpy wrote: »

This tourney was VERY short notice

Usually tourneys given a month prior notice do very well
    ladnopoka wrote: »
    sounds like it was a zzz tourney...

... only because no ae.

No Igau course was zzz

Advertisement