Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 9, June 15th : Day of Who?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

GGS all.

Was a really fun day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jimpy wrote: »
    See this is another reason why I wouldn't bother to go all the way to Dublin for tournaments.

Everyone had a great day... so I don't see why that's a reason.

You realise most people on here travel all over the country for tournaments, right?

Congratulations to the Tekken players who managed to have a FORTY minute grand final last night.

It was so long I had to get up and have a break in the middle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Woooo TTT2 community.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Take that KOF. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Should make Tekken FT5 so randomness truly doesn't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

GGs to Usurper and Bento, who lugged consoles and monitors out to Dublin just to see Tekken. GGs to Jason, Bob, Patrick and Dajgoro for making the effort and getting out to it.

'Twas a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Same as above.
    Mucho's Gracias to for having Tekken on in the first place and major prop's to Voa for soldiering on and for handling the situation on the day with such a good attitude.

Wanted to give a special mention to Bento for pulling it out when under the cosh! :)
    Well done man. :thumbu:

However, bento, one gripe,
    Can ya try to let your co-commentator get a word in every once-in-a-while! :P lol!
    Also,
    "ground pound and break the leg" WILL live in infamy after these vid's are viewed, i assure you bro! ;) lol!

Prop's to Kuro for pulling it back after Jason reset the bracket in the final.
    It was certainly a grueling match, which, I'm sure Doom will attest to! ;)
    Well done guys.

However, bento, one gripe,
    Can ya try to let your co-commentator get a word in every once-in-a-while! :P lol!
    Also,
    "ground pound and break the leg" WILL live in infamy after these vid's are viewed, i assure you bro! ;) lol!

Sorry dude. I talk a lot. :rolleyes:

I love coining new terms. :D

Sorry dude. I talk a lot. :rolleyes:

While I don't want to be a downer, this is something a lot of new commentators do.

Sometimes listening to your co commentator is the best thing you can do!

• Advertisement

While I don't want to be a downer, this is something a lot of new commentators do.

Sometimes listening to your co commentator is the best thing you can do!

No my commetary is the best in the world. MLG are hiring me to be a solo commentator. No second man needed. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Tekken Hopscotch :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

No my commetary is the best in the world. MLG are hiring me to be a solo commentator. No second man needed. :rolleyes:

listening from yer commentating I can safely say that I'm Officially one of your fans!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Voa just to point out the xgc has been a good venue for running events on the day/night of evo so i think that should be taken into consideration before you book anything for the exchange on the same day as evo.

On another note those monitors should be left in the xgc, nobody is going to steal them or break them, do you see anybody stealing or breaking the tvs that are in the xgc now? no of course not. Leave them in there, you could even give instructions to the guy downstairs to not let anybody use them except us. Its not like hes gonna have a problem with that because the place is never full and the non fighting game people always use the opposite side of the xgc away.

Having the monitors in the xgc solves so many issues, we could actually run events in the xgc again, casuals would be much better and you wouldn`t have to worry about storing equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

We spent 80 quid on renting the venue. For 4 monitors. For up to 8 hours each. Because that's the price for the XGC, and that's fine. But we could also have 6 or more setups, for 8 hours, for 25-50 quid, and push that other money back into the community fund/prize pot.
    They do not have storage space for 3 large crates of equipment. They just don't.
    We can't hold multiple tournaments that run all day and have 20+ people in them in the XGC, the space is simply not there.
    What happened for DoC 9 was a mistake, and I decided that I had said there would be a tournament, and that there was gonna damn well be a tournament. I'm glad the XGC was so incredibly accommodating, but I do not plan on abusing that leeway they gave us.
    The reason we held a tournament in the XGC is that we were small enough to get away with it this time. Two tournaments on one setup still took us 5 hours or so to run fully. I would rather think that we're growing as scene, not shrinking.
    Also, you want to move back into the XGC during the SUMMER months? Am I the only one who remembers the fun times of summer Infernos? I wasn't even playing in those and I was boiling...

TL, DR: No, chunkis.

They were called Infernos for a reason :)

I'd be happy enough to run tournaments in the XGC again sometime but a lot of stuff would have to change.

1) We'd need to be garaunteed a large amount of the space upstairs when we're running one. They're a business and this we would have to pay for.

2) I'd need a dedicated stream area. This tournament was... not ideal, recording wise!

3) They'd have to get some working fans.

4) They'd have to be happy with us chopping and changing gear from the exchange (as Voa said, I'm pretty sure they have zero storage space).

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

the xgc makes more money from us than they would from anybody else on any day of the week when we put on a tournament, so we should be able to run or do whatever we want upstairs, because thats what we are paying for. The dimensions of the xgc are pretty crap and finding ways to accommodate for stuff like streaming isn`t ideal but its not impossible, we can make the space work. Also I don`t see why they wouldn`t let us install our own monitors in the xgc if its going to generate more business for them.

i say we set up our monitors in the xgc, get the infernos going again and get some weekly events going in the xgc and make the place hype again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

chunkis wrote: »
    the xgc makes more money from us than they would from anybody else on any day of the week when we put on a tournament, so we should be able to run or do whatever we want upstairs, because thats what we are paying for. The dimensions of the xgc are pretty crap and finding ways to accommodate for stuff like streaming isn`t ideal but its not impossible, we can make the space work. Also I don`t see why they wouldn`t let us install our own monitors in the xgc if its going to generate more business for them.

i say we set up our monitors in the xgc, get the infernos going again and get some weekly events going in the xgc and make the place hype again.

iPadFrenzyBlogPic.jpg

Testify!

Advertisement