Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Listening Exam

Options
  • 09-06-2013 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Am I the only one who has problems hearing the listening exams?
    During the Irish listening there was an echo in the hall so I couldn't hear anything therefore I did really bad on that test..Lots of people couldnt hear so the examiner tried to tune the radio a bit so we can hear and move people up to the front...It didn't help though although when he asked was that ok everyone said yes...I dont know if they said it because it was true or because they didnt want to trouble him anymore or because some people were ok but not all...I did ask 2 people afterwards who told me they were having trouble heaing too...
    The french listening is worth almost half of the marks.I worry the same thing will happen and I will get a really low mark because I wont be able to hear anything due to the echo in the hall...what should I do? :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

I only had problems with the Irish one because people started deliberately making noise. If it happens again I'll ask to be moved, even though there will only be about 30 in the room max.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Leopard_Star

we have like more than 60 in the room and the hall just gets a big echo because it is big

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Why are you guys doing your exams in the hall :O Shouldn't ye be moved to a classroom/smaller room, ye should be split into small groups of about 20 and then take your aural. Not in a ridiculously huge hall with terrible acoustics, that's just guaranteeing ye'll get bad marks in the tape!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

We do our exams in classrooms, there's only like 11 people in my room. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

We can fit our whole year into one small classroom so it's all good

• Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

You have every right to complain though so tell them if you can't hear!!

I know im just worried they will tune the radio a bit differently and everyone will say its grand again,or try to move me to a different spot,it wont help the echo...Its just because we have like 70+ people in our year ~_~

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I know im just worried they will tune the radio a bit differently and everyone will say its grand again,or try to move me to a different spot,it wont help the echo...Its just because we have like 70+ people in our year ~_~
    We've 126 students in our year and we use classrooms. We were split into 5 different rooms. What's the aural like 40%? That's an awful lot of marks to lose. Complain if it's not suitable. Tbh, they have to accommodate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

You definitely have to complain! That's ridiculous that you're all in one hall, there are 160 in my year but they still opened the classrooms so that there's 15 per class. Especially since the mark for french listening is so high, you have every right to make a complaint

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go to your school Principal and explain the situation. You are entitled to hear the 'tape' as clearly as anyone else.

I don't know why they are jamming so many of you in one room, however big it is. Is there more than one superintendent? If there is, you can be split into that number of rooms for the tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

For Irish we were all shoved in a classroom with terrible acoustics.

French it was a way better set-up, we were kept in the hall and the volume was put up all the way, there was only 30 of us though so the noises of people sniffling deliberately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dodo97

theres 145 in my year and we're all doing the exams in our hall, the echo during listening exams makes it almost imposible to hear

Advertisement