Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Drive not syncing

Options
  • 09-06-2013 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Looking for some insight here.

My wife and I work together and use Google Drive for client files, etc. I set up both computers with the same Google Drive login/password. Seemingly all was going well. A file saved by either was available to either of us through the PC file structure (not sure how to describe it but clicked on the folder icon, got the directory tree, navigated to Google Drive and so on).
    But recently, a file saved on one computer is only available when getting to Drive through the web browser. File has to be downloaded to use. I must have changed a setting somewhere, somehow.
    Any idea what I changed and what I need to do to get back to the function I used to have?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

PhotogTom wrote: »

My wife and I work together and use Google Drive for client files, etc. I set up both computers with the same Google Drive login/password. Seemingly all was going well. A file saved by either was available to either of us through the PC file structure (not sure how to describe it but clicked on the folder icon, got the directory tree, navigated to Google Drive and so on).
    But recently, a file saved on one computer is only available when getting to Drive through the web browser. File has to be downloaded to use. I must have changed a setting somewhere, somehow.
    Any idea what I changed and what I need to do to get back to the function I used to have?
    Not sure what exactly your problem is, but maybe try re-installing it on both machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Im not familiar with Google Drive, is this paid service. I use dropbox on a number of PCs as well as my iPhone and never had a problem, everything is always on all devices. I know this isnt the answer you wanted, but just pointing it out if you want to switch to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

PhotogTom wrote: »

OP, check your saved preferences on both machines and make sure either all your required folders are selected or else untick "Only sync some folders to this computer".

Google-Drive-for-Windows-Preferences.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭PhotogTom

Thanks for the responses.

Don't know how it happened but the application had disappeared from my PC. When I re-installed it, works fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Good to hear mate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement