Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Course??

Options
  • 09-06-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm in the middle of my leaving cert and the CAO date is coming up soon but i cant decide on what course to put first. At the moment i have UCD arts down in my first place with music and spanish but i dont know a lot about either of those so i'm not sure about it.
    I live on the northside so getting there would be difficult/expensive, and i'm also worried about the social life issue since ill live so far away from the campus :confused: Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I'm northside myself, it's usually 60 to 90 minutes each way. It's not that difficult, you get used to it and there will be people with longer journeys than that.

There's the 27X which goes direct to UCD from Clarehall, Coolock, Malahide Road. Failing that, a bus into town and a bus across to UCD.

A monthly bus ticket will set you back €91.50 (used to be €75 :mad:)

With the social side of things a lot of nights out happen in town so its not too bad. If there's something happening southside try and crash on someone couch.

With regards for subjects, my advice would be to be really sure about what you want to study. I'd think long and hard before embarking on studying subjects for three years, you'd want to be fairly interested in them in order to be motivated and do well exam wise.

Staying in bed could be very tempting when the alternative is getting up at half six/seven to go in for nine o clock spanish tutorial.

Best to read up on the website and see exactly what you'll be studying for the three years.

Advertisement