Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any reasonably priced short term rentals out there?

Options
  • 09-06-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,

We are looking for a short term rental for a couple for 3 months (July, August and Sept) in west Dublin or Celbridge or Leixlip.

There are a number of properties advertised in these areas on daft as being short term rentals,.,but when we contact them they all say they are only offering a year long lease.

Others are short term...but they are room-only places in guesthouses with no kitchen access.

Any ideas of any other sites we could try?

Also, is it worth contacting properties that are advertised as a 1 year lease and seeing if they will negotiate?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you only want a very short-term lease- you are going to have to accept that you are going to pay considerably over the odds for the privilege. At the moment vacancy rates are quite low in West Dublin- so if you're looking for a shorter term let- the only way of selling it to a prospective landlord is to offer perhaps 20-30% over the normal monthly rate.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I'm looking for someone for a short term lease in west Dublin - I have a job offer in the UK for a couple of months - pm me, if you want to know more

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

If you can head toward Maynooth you should easily pick up a short term rental as the students will be heading off for the summer, leaving plenty of property vacant or with the possibility of being sublet over the summer

Advertisement