Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from airsoft forum

Options
  • 09-06-2013 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been banned from the airsoft adverts part of boards and wish to appeal the ban,the airsoft mods have agreed that some of my posts were done by my son that is 13 and is under age for the purcase of any airsoft products.

regards,
    Kaya.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed this with the mod that banned you? - that's the first step of the dispute process as set out above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭kaya43

yes

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, to understand what has happened here.

You were banned on 21 April for being a "re-reg" of an underage user

I presume you PM'd the mod at that time about this?

You state above that your son used your account to circumvent his ban as he is not old enough to purchase airsoft equipment and has been banned from the forum

You do understand that you are responsible for your account and any posts made from it?

Why did your son require access to the airsoft adverts forum? Were all the posts made in that forum using this username made by your son or did you make some yourself?

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, to understand what has happened here.

You were banned on 21 April for being a "re-reg" of an underage user

I presume you PM'd the mod at that time about this?

You state above that your son used your account to circumvent his ban as he is not old enough to purchase airsoft equipment and has been banned from the forum

You do understand that you are responsible for your account and any posts made from it?

Why did your son require access to the airsoft adverts forum? Were all the posts made in that forum using this username made by your son or did you make some yourself?

Yes i pm'd the mod,i do understand that i am the one resposible and not all of the posts were his,The only reason he was on my account was i thought he should have a say in what was posted.

So basically he went on your PC to post under your ID. Did you give him permission to do so? Has he posted in any other forums using your ID?

Why do you need to post in Airsoft Adverts? - you only signed up in April, and it looks like he rather than you is into Airsoft (your only posts seem to be in the Adverts forum trying to sell equipment for him and not in any of the other Airsoft forums)

• Advertisement

So basically he went on your PC to post under your ID. Did you give him permission to do so? Has he posted in any other forums using your ID?

Why do you need to post in Airsoft Adverts? - you only signed up in April, and it looks like he rather than you is into Airsoft (your only posts seem to be in the Adverts forum trying to sell equipment for him and not in any of the other Airsoft forums)

Well he is my son and he wanted to sell/trade airsoft so he consulted the mods and they agreed that i would sell for him, and yes he had permission from me as i was away.And he never posted in any other forums.

It seems you only want access to the forum to sell on behalf of your son who is banned from it. If that's the case I cannot see any basis to overturn the ban. However I need a bit more background as to what was said between you and the mod(s) - I'll consult with them and get back to you

It seems you only want access to the forum to sell on behalf of your son who is banned from it. If that's the case I cannot see any basis to overturn the ban. However I need a bit more background as to what was said between you and the mod(s) - I'll consult with them and get back to you

Well yes.The mod that banned me was Deburca

OK, I've spoken to the mod. You accept in this thread that your son used your account to post in the Airsoft Adverts forum (while he was banned and indeed underage to sell such equipment). However in your correspondence with the mod you claimed you had made all the posts on his behalf

You also claim that your son sought and obtained permission from the mods that you could sell equipment on his behalf. I have not seen any evidence of this. Was another mod involved?

TBH I am seeing no reason to lift your ban. There are inconsistencies in your story and you only appear to want access to be able to effectively circumvent the ban issued to your son. Unless you can provide a more convincing argument I cannot see any basis for lifting it

Well my son informed me that thermo gave him premision to have me sell airsoft.And yes that is why i wanted to be on the forum

• Advertisement

Sorry for the delay, but I was checking exactly what was said by the mod. He indicated an over 16 could sell stuff on behalf of someone under 16.

However that is not what happened here. Your son used your account to try and sell something when he had been banned. You have admitted you knew your son was using your account to sell his stuff. The mod was right to ban your account as you allowed your son to use your account to bypass a ban.

I am therefore upholding the ban

You may ask an Admin to review this decision should you wish

Advertisement