Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dry skin

• 09-06-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

can anyone recommend a cleanser and moisturiser for dry skin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I use Clarins cleansing milk for dry to normal skin. If you rub it on your face very gently, then 'tap' it on to make it mix with make up (if you're wearing make up), then remove with a soft tissue or muslin cloth, it leaves the skin feeling lovely and and soft. I use the toner with chamomile too, it removes any remaining traces of make up and gives a very 'clean' feeling, again without making the skin feel stripped of moisture. A very calming combo for my very dry, sensitive skin! Not the best for removing waterproof mascara but excellent for any other make up. On days when I'm not wearing make up I use Simple cleanser, which is also quite good but I don't feel it's quite as gentle on my skin as the Clarins.
    I use Clinique Moisture Surge moisturiser, I love it as although my skin is very very dry, I hate heavy, rich moisturisers. I feel they clog my pores and remain on the surface of my skin all at the same time! Moisture surge is more of a gel than a cream; a little goes a long way and it is absorbed quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Hydraluron by indeed labs, you can get it in Boots. Put on under moisturiser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I have super dry skin and I use No.7 Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser. There is also a No.7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm for really dry skin but I, personally, prefer the gel. For moisturizer, I am currently using the Olay Complete range (I cannot remember the exact name of the product) - it's quite runny but soaks in really fast so I slather on two layers and I'm sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

jadie wrote: »
    Hydraluron by indeed labs, you can get it in Boots. Put on under moisturiser

Agree with this. Have been using it for a few weeks and find it absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭magicray

http://www.cetaphil.com/products/cleansers

I use this and find it brilliant, I always get it 3 for 2 in Boots

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I suffer from pretty bad eczema and it makes my skin "combination" skin, dry around my eyes and mouth, oily on my nose. I use Lancome Hydra Zen Neurocalm range and Dermalogica Clay Cleanser and Microfoliant exfoliator - the latter 2 only twice a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Yon Ka products are amazing, I suffer from very dry skin also, could not live without the cleanser and crème 28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Aloe Vera Gel and honey. Fixed my skin after years of problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Id recommend a hot cloth cleanser, Liz Earle is amazing, no7 have a decent one too and I've heard good things about the sanctuary and soap and Glory versions
    The muslin cloth micro exfoliates and is very gentle

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

Use a hydrating toner after your cleanser to restore the PH balance of your skin. I thought for years that washing my face dried it out, turns out I just needed to start incorporating toner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

A cleansing Balm is what you need, it might seem a bit scary but it feels amazing. clinque do one thats meant to be good but I have started using the one by Emma Hardie and I've really noticed a difference in my skin. just make sure not to purchase one with mineral oil, it'll feel nice as well but it wont let the moisturizing effect from the cleansers/toners/moisturizers through to the skin, it sits on top of the skin.

Advertisement