Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Wildlife Vets open on Sunday?

• 09-06-2013 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know of a vet in Wicklow / South County Dublin open on a Sunday that would treat an injured hedgehog?

I phoned the emergency vet clinic in UCD and they offered to put him to sleep for free or take a look at him for €88. That's the cost before they even begin to treat him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fitzg

sorry Mystika, I don't know of any vet open on sundays aside from the UCD emergency vets. Is there any chance you can keep him warm and quiet til Monday and take him to your local vet? do you know what is wrong with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

You could ring Bev Truss for advice:

http://thehogsprickle.weebly.com/

Also Bairbre O' Malley in Bray takes in and treats injured wildlife, you could ring the on-call number.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mystika121

Thanks a million. I phoned the Barbara O'Malley and they are open at 9:00 tomorrow. Out of hours is referred to UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jkwxez12yrdgbq

Do you know what is wrong with the hedgehog?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mystika121

Thanks for all the help. The poor little thing has died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

mystika121 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help. The poor little thing has died.

aaaw -poor little thing.at least you did your best for it & it was warm with food & water handy when it went : (
    Fair play to you for trying for it.

Advertisement