Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word 2003 Gone Haywire

Options
  • 09-06-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

OS is windows 7. MS Word is gone weird. Existing word documents have lost the W in the file name and replaced by a strange kind of image symbol with this message.

Wordfilesaveasphoto_zpsfd1b5498.jpg
    When I start a new Word document and save it, it has this image symbol in the file name and wont open as a word document.

When I click on the file name and choose open as Word document, it opens ok.

I tried a system restore but no joy.

Would the Word programme have become corrupt and is a repair possible, and will existing documents be repaired.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Right click on any Word document, select "Open With" and then browse for Microsoft Word. Make sure to check "make this the default program for files of this type". You May need to look in %program files%\microsoft\Office\14\winword.exe (for e.g)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

yoyo wrote: »
    Right click on any Word document, select "Open With" and then browse for Microsoft Word. Make sure to check "make this the default program for files of this type". You May need to look in %program files%\microsoft\Office\14\winword.exe (for e.g)

Nick

thanks nick

Advertisement