Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free parking

Options
  • 09-06-2013 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Right folks I'm a miserable so and so and planning a day out in Dublin city centre for a days photography, what's the closest I could park to the city centre for free and safe of course :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

tsoparno wrote: »
    Right folks I'm a miserable so and so and planning a day out in Dublin city centre for a days photography, what's the closest I could park to the city centre for free and safe of course :)

What part of the city do you want to go?

Would you consider a parking and getting a 10 or 15 minute bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

I'm trying to take in as much of the city centre as possible in a day. Hadn't really planned on getting any buses, but don't mind walking. Was thinking Phoenix park area for parking not sure about fees or safety and wouldn't mind walking from there. Any tips would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

New Cabra Road in Phibsborough - commuters (including me) take up spaces, but no restrictions in bus lane after 10Am

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

amtc wrote: »
    New Cabra Road in Phibsborough - commuters (including me) take up spaces, but no restrictions in bus lane after 10Am

Cheers, exactly the kind of space I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You don't need to go that far. This bus lane is free between 10 and 4.

Or you can leave it in Summerhill area any time. It will probably be safe, but it's not the best area so leave no temptations lying around.

Phoenix park would be the safest by far, however it's a bit of a walk but not too bad. Luas/bus is an option though.

If you are going to go for convenience and pay, Jervis is €12 per day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I've a few places, each about 20 minutes walk from O'Connell bridge. Really couldn't post them here though. If everybody knew, they wouldn't be nearly as reliable in the future!

:)

Advertisement