Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 month old hard to settle to sleep

• 09-06-2013 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hi all,hope somebody has some words of advice,my little man was always a great sleep,just pop him in cot no rocking etc however for last 3 weeks,he goes crazy when I lie him in cot crawling around,standing up etc. He is clearly tired but won't give in to sleep. Please tell me its a phase! He is otherwise in great form and daytime naps aren't a problem at all, all advice appreciated-thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 embireland

could be too much sleep during the day. do you give him a warm bottle of milk going to bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

He gets about 2-3 hours during day over 2 naps last nap finishes are 3 then bed between 7.30-8 lately its been nearly 9 when he settles to sleep after a battle. His bottle is normally 7ish so just before he goes down

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

What is his pre-bed routine?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

My little boy went through this a few weeks ago around the 10 mt age too, I persisted with his same routine giving him a bath, dressing him for bed, bottle and then into his cot, I was in and out of the room to him, mostly in, didn't make any fuss of him other than sooth him if he cried and sure enough he settled quicker each nite and now he's back to normal. :) I have read of this happening with other 10 mt olds so it must be a phase. Hth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Yep something similar here, kept to usual routine and he settled down better after about 3 nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Same here, he wasn't going to sleep until 10 o'clock some nights for about two weeks and this week seems to have settled back into his routine again, he is just 10 months this week, must be a phase

Thanks all,tonight he seems to be back to normal after 2 weeks of bed time battles!! I just stuck to his normal routine and didn't entertain any of the battles!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

traineeacc wrote: »
    Thanks all,tonight he seems to be back to normal after 2 weeks of bed time battles!! I just stuck to his normal routine and didn't entertain any of the battles!

That's great news. Go Mammy!!!!!!

Its a total minefield being a parent! But love every minute of it - muddling along!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

We went through this last month too and the advice we got was to put him in his cot, say goodnight, reassure him and then leave the room. He cried for 20 minutes the first night but now two weeks later he barely does at all.

We find it works best if you can get out of the room without being seen.

Everybody in the house is sleeping much better now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement