Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use the EPC 2425 as a repeater, not a bridge?

• 09-06-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone's done this. I need to boost my wifi signal upstairs and into the garden. I'm using the UPC thomson modem/router. I also have an old netgear router and one of the crappy epc 2425's.
    I should be able to use the netgear as a bridge easily enough, but I'm having trouble finding a way to use the 2425. There's loads of info out there about using these in bridge and gateway mode, but (correct me if I'm wrong, please) these only work if I'm using the 2425 as my modem and passing the router duties
    to a different router?
    Is there a way to have the 2425 act as a repeater for the thomson?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I doubt its capable of wifi repeating, its a device built specifically for ISP distribution as a gateway and the firmware is written as such.

If you could run a cable to it you should be able to get running as an access point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Thanks ED E

Advertisement