Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Underrated Show

• 09-06-2013 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭

T&Cs
    • Please nominate no more than 5 entries for this category
    • The nominated shows must had episodes that aired for the first time, any time, after 1st June 2012.
    • Shows still running are permitted
    • The show may have aired on US, Irish or UK Television.
    • This is the third of 4 groups of categories.
    • Shows with the most nominations will be included in the voting stage.
    • For plot-related categories, please use discretion (spoiler tags if necessary)
      [ spoiler ] Put Spoiler Here [ /spoiler ] (remove spaces in tags)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Underrated by who? Not sure but no heard of by most anyway.

Justified

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well I'm going to take this as those shows which are barely mentioned on boards or the like so I'll exclude 'Justified' on those grounds.

Boards people should be paying more attention to:
    Archer
    Happy Endings
    Southland
    Psych
    Continuum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Southland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

The Killing (gets a bad rep for carrying a case over 2 seasons, big ****ing woop, doesnt take away from what is a great character driven show)

Banshee (yeah its on skinimax, i admit its not for the fait of heart, its uber violent and there is a LOT of skin on display, but its has a solid story, and a lot of interesting characters)

Covert Affairs (this show is one that just improves season on season, if you only watched the first few episodes back in season 1 and gave up, id really advise keeping with it, season 3 was very good and 4 starts in a few weeks)

Revolution (got torn to shreds in the first half of season 1, after it came back it was a totally different show, better writing, better acting and a more detailed story, a lot of people did rightly bale early on, the issues were justified, but its worth watching just for the second half of the season)

Continuum (its maintained it quality from season 1, still a fairly underrated show)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Southland.
    Louie.
    Sons of Anarchy.
    It's always sunny in Philadelpha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

i know some of these shows have high imdb ratings but i would considered them low rated within my circle of friends. only because they don't know how to watch them.

Community - it's a great show but they almost cancelled it at one time.

Grimm - it's good, it's has a interesting take on the grimm brothers tales.

vice - this is a fantastic show, they have now started to air it on HBO but there's loads of great uploads from them on youtube

Da Vincis Demons - i like it, i know it's not historically correct, but it's a good story and is worth a look.

House of cards - i don't think it's rated that high in ireland, due to the lack of people that have seen it. but it's on netflix and it's really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

To follow ixoy's reasoning... shows underrated by boardsies...

Chicago Fire (NBC)
    Adventure Time With Finn & Jake (Cartoon Network)
    Men At Work (TBS)
    Cougar Town (TBS)
    Friday Night Dinner (Channel 4)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Dunno how you define "underrated"?....as Southland is acclaimed by both fans and critics, if underrated means nobody's watching....then yes, Southland was hugely underrated.

As was Boss, The Borgias and sundry other low rated but high quality shows. Banshee isin't underrated imo....its got alot of media and fan attention + a second season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Bob's Burgers - The best comedy on TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

Vikings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chicago Fire
    Nashville
    The Mindy Project
    Happy Endings
    Grimm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42