Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple @me email

• 09-06-2013 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else getting spam emails to their apple/iOS @me email account? I'm getting about one a day even though I've never used the account for anything.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Is anyone else getting spam emails to their apple/iOS @me email account? I'm getting about one a day even though I've never used the account for anything.

Yea I've started getting them lately! All with dodgy attachments!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I've been getting daily spam to one of my iCloud aliases. Only started in the last week. Maybe Apple have been making modifications to their spam filter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

I've been getting daily spam to one of my iCloud aliases. Only started in the last week. Maybe Apple have been making modifications to their spam filter.

Or have they been selling databases of customer details?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I am getting them too with attachments that are dodgy but do no damage on my iPhone 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

I have never received spam to my @me.com email, I've had it since the start and use it for alot of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You don't have to sign up for anything. Spammers will guess your email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Or have they been selling databases of customer details?

I very much doubt it to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Haven't received anything either and use it every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

I've got them with random calendar events,very strange!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Yep getting these too. At least its not just me. I added the spam emails to the junk folder on icloud.com so we'll see if that has any impact on further emails. My guess is it wont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

OH just got a strange one to his me.com address. A phishing email supposedly from American Airlines - looked very genuine too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Weirdly, I've been recently getting a few spam emails to my me.com address, from various email addresses but with the sender's name being one of my friends' names. I don't use email on my Windows partition (so slightly less likely to be a virus/malware), so I'm not sure how the spammers are getting my friends' names. Pulling it from Facebook somehow? Or has some vulnerability in the iCloud servers been exploited?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

I've also being getting these spam mails in the past fortnight. Never got any spam to my me.com email before that.

It's probably a filtering problem. Apple were in the news only a few weeks ago for their over zealous spam filtering, which I assume prompted them to make some modifications. Either that or spammers have only just started focusing on iCloud emails. I'm only getting spam to one of my iCloud aliases, the only one without a number and fairly guessable. I actually set it up for newsletter sign-ups but never really used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bartonso

nevr found any spams!

Advertisement