Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally Got my First Gun

Options
  • 09-06-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Just picked up my first gun(hw97k), :pac:

Cant believe i have finally got it after all the letters, safety course,forms etc

Just like to thank everyone on here the members and especially the Mods(Cass, dev110, Sparks, Vegeta,Beasty,Sparks)for giving me advice and sending me on the right way really appreciate it everyone without ye i wouldn't have the opportunity to shoot and hunt from a young age.Have a feeling this will be the start of many years of hunting and shooting thanks everyone :D

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Well done.

Throw up a few pictures.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

;Congrats well done. ;)

Stick up a couple of pics.

If ever in doubt unload make safe. Never ever compromise safety and always try remember this when adrenaline kicks in. A dangerous unknown shot has to advance or satisfaction.

Best of luck lad a well may she serve you.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Sound lads.Will get the camera out 2moro phone camera doesn't do her justice lovely looking gun... just have to pick up a qd studs and a nice sling! :D

Safety first always with guns u might not get a 2nd chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Congrats mate. Nothing like that new gun feeling, all tingly inside ;) Stay safe, use your head and you will have a fulfilling life of shooting ahead of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Indeed,welcome to the world of Irish shooting.A land where nothing is as it seems in more ways than one..:)
    On saftey ,just remember the saying "The Devil loads a gun once a year....Make sure it isnt yours".:eek::)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Indeed,welcome to the world of Irish shooting.A land where nothing is as it seems in more ways than one..:)
    On safety ,just remember the saying "The Devil loads a gun once a year....Make sure it isnt yours". :eek: :)

Thanks ... Wise words there ...safety is the most important thing glad i did the safety course even though it was 2 hours but well worth it all the same!

Will check and then check again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Congrats dude!, I got a HW90 last summer, love it!! wish I went for the 97k,
    feck it still in love with the 90 though! : )
    what cal did u get her in man?

Happy shooting!

p.s have fun with the different types of pellets and how they behave! H&N field very accurate! ; )

Steve012 wrote: »
    Congrats dude!, I got a HW90 last summer, love it!! wish I went for the 97k,
    feck it still in love with the 90 though! : )
    what cal did u get her in man?

Happy shooting!

p.s have fun with the different types of pellets and how they behave! H&N field very accurate! ; )

Em .22 i got it second hand for 400 with a 3-9x40 scope wasnt paying 550 brand new and the second hand one only has a few marks think its only 3 years old! :pac:

Yeah i thought the hw97k was one of the nicest springers around!Its deadly accurate because of the fixed barrel accuracy but i think it might take a little longer to reload but sure accuracy is ur first priority!I was give a tin of 500 wasp pellets for free!Im lookin for jsb exact if anyone in laois/kilkenny area knows of anyone cant buy them on ebay or online need a import license coz its classed as live ammo!

You could always sub if you really want a the 97k! :D

Uploaded pictures... arent great, terrible to be honest haha will get the camera out when everything is on her! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I always found Crosman Accupells and Crosman Premier to be the Best in my Rapid 7 does amyone use them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 davediesel

very nice, always fancied one of those, well to wear

cw67irl wrote: »
    I always found Crosman Accupells and Crosman Premier to be the Best in my Rapid 7 does amyone use them?

Going to give the crossman a try if there is no jsb exact or rws around the laois/kilkenny area if anyone knows of a place near or far drops us a PM :D

Had 500 pellets 2 days ago only have a few left :rolleyes: :P

Lucky its not a 22lr or id be getting a loan from the bank the rate im going :D

What size are the pellets it takes.

How much a tin are they.

What size are the pellets it takes.

How much a tin are they.

12 euro for bisley wasps .22 5.5mm

They are absolute crap!Skirts are bent defects in the pellet do not buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

did you get it from a rfd or private ,,does anyone know a dealer that stocks a good selection of air rifles

Right well look I have a half a tin of accu pellets there. They are 5.5mm I don't know if there any good or not. But your more than welcome to them.

When I first started getting back into hunting and getting setup for stalking a couple of guys here ( 1 in particular) were very good to me and without there help I'd be an awfull lot worse off.

So its very small I know but no point in me throwing them out when I can return the favour I received many times over.

Right well look I have a half a tin of accu pellets there. They are 5.5mm I don't know if there any good or not. But your more than welcome to them.

So its very small I know but no point in me throwing them out when I can return the favour I received many times over.

Id be more than happy to take em :) look like a good pellet and good to try out different types what do they weight ill pay for postage if youd like i have paypal! :) Every little helps to a young shooter like me!

anthonyos wrote: »
    did you get it from a rfd or private ,,does anyone know a dealer that stocks a good selection of air rifles

rfd a gas air rifle is what u want r about 1200 though... i got a springer for 400 as im savin up for a 12g for clay and hunting...then a 17hmr :P ! :D

Griffen and hawe had a good few gas air rifles a few days ago!

bsa, daystate, weihrauch sell quality airguns!

Ye I know I was starting out at one stage aswell and still learning everyday.

I had a 22 pellet gun a while ago never used it it so got rid of it and only found the pellets the other day. I don't see a weight on them but ill send you a picture of the box if you wish.

Ye I know I was starting out at one stage aswell and still learning everyday.

I had a 22 pellet gun a while ago never used it it so got rid of it and only found the pellets the other day. I don't see a weight on them but ill send you a picture of the box if you wish.

Was make air gun was it gas or spring just out of curiosity?Yeah if you can that would be great.

If you go into the post office they will weight the package!250g is 3.00 and 500g is 4.00. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭deano2882

i was in same shoes starting out few years back bought 12g u/o..then .22wmr and sent off application for .243 today when ya get hooked ya jus keep buyin dis n dat n sayin rite ill jus buy this and then ya end up with stuff ya use twice n sell again ha ha...

It was a gamo .22 break barrel.

It was a gamo .22 break barrel.

Should of got a gas bolt action!Gamo arent a great make apparently weichrauch would be a better set up.I didnt make much of air rifles until recently.You can take out vermin quietly without the rest flyin a mile coz there is no bang!Great tool! :D Cheap ammo aswell for a young lad! :P

Ah it was ok I could hit anything vertical with it half inc ride at about 30 yards with open sites but jasus I couldn't for the life if me sort out the windage on it.

Well i was hitting okayish groups at 30 yards with the odd stray using wasp pellets probably skirts bent as it was wasp ammo and was on a windless day.Next day was windy couldnt hit a thing haha.Wind is hard with air rifles really hard!

Good crack doe. Makes you take your time and calculate your shot more.

Ye can be a little frustrating when you cant get any decent pellets for them in the shops like some jsb.Looking online 3 tins would be 60 euro.Way too high might ring around nd see wha other rfd have!

Shes not bad looking haha. :o:D Thinking of replacing the plain screw with brass one to match the trigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

was in g hawe in Kildare today looking at a air arms 410 .22 at 30ftlb but didn't buy it because I was thinking the power might be to much for in door use such as shooting rats and pigeons ...or would it be ok

• Advertisement

anthonyos wrote: »
    was in g hawe in Kildare today looking at a air arms 410 .22 at 30ftlb but didn't buy it because I was thinking the power might be to much for in door use such as shooting rats and pigeons ...or would it be ok

How much was it!?Im not in anyway an expert but spring it brilliant for taking out birds/rats in barns , around the house.

Spring .22 range is 35-45 yards with gas out to 65-70 yards!

Advantage of spring is that you don't need to recharge it but its only a single shot unlike a gas multishot!

Id go for a spring for indoor use its a barn or shed i presume ! :D

Advertisement