Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally Got my First Gun

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

500 is what he wanted 10 years old with a scope and sling..what ft/lb is your 97k

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

anthonyos wrote: »
    500 is what he wanted 10 years old with a scope and sling..what ft/lb is your 97k

10 years old hmm thats old alright i wouldn't go for that.Think i remember seeing that myself.Did he also want another 100 for the fill up bottle?Mines 3 years old by the serial number sounds about right someone bought it new and after the 3 years gave it in!

Weihrauch air rifles made in uk with the hull cartridge stamp are 12ft so they don't need a license mines made in germany so might be a bit stronger at 14ft

The spring would be perfect for barns and sheds and a bit of decoying! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

First of all congratulations! You have entered into a hobby that will provide you with hours of amusement, teach you self control, respect, empathy and how to blow every cent you earn on shiny new bits!

Secondly, title should read: Finally got my new rifle.....

Look up the old adage

This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for killing, this is for fun!

It's a rifle!

First of all congratulations! You have entered into a hobby that will provide you with hours of amusement, teach you self control, respect, empathy and how to blow every cent you earn on shiny new bits!

Thanks :D Your right about blowing every cent on new bits!Can stop :P
    Secondly, title should read: Finally got my new rifle.....

Suppose its my first gun/firearm so i am entering the world of shooting :pac:
    This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for killing, this is for fun!

It's a rifle!

I like it killing and fun haha ...Well air rifle but Rifle or Air rifle who cares :cool:

Just like to thank One shot on kill for sending me those free accupell pellets.Couldn't hit anything i mean anything at 30 yards with bisley wasps now hitting 2c coins at 30 yards with accupells! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I always found the Accupells great, An affordable option compared to Crossman premiers which I think at the time were about £15 a box back in the day compared wasps ect which were a fiver!

Would love to have an air rifle but just couldnt justify another licence !!

cw67irl wrote: »
    I always found the Accupells great, An affordable option compared to Crossman premiers which I think at the time were about £15 a box back in the day compared wasps ect which were a fiver!

Yeah the accupells are very accurate i am wondering would the jsbs be a tiny bit better as to buy off ebay accupells are the same price!?Cannot find jsbs or anything decent anywhere all gamo and wasp all sh*t!
    cw67irl wrote: »
    Would love to have an air rifle but just couldnt justify another licence !!

Get one otherwise you will regret it! :D

Just fitted the qd studs today just waitin on the sling
    :D

Only thing is the rifle doesn't fit in the 3 gun safe(shotgun) with the bipod :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Why is the Bi-Pod so far down the stock?

Is there some mechanism stopping it being mounted further up the stock. Because at the moment it is closer to being a Type 1 Lever. Albeit with the Load (weight of Firearm) and Force (you shouldering the Firearm) on the same side of the Pivot. The closer the Bi-Pod is to the noisy end the more inherently accurate it will be, did you think about Shooting Sticks, it would solve your 3 Gun Safe issue

Edit- Here is a link to describe what I'm on about.

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/physics/machines/Levers.shtml

The Aussie wrote: »
    Why is the Bi-Pod so far down the stock?

Thats because there is a slit in the stock to allow for the cockin leaver.I had to install the qd studs for the sling and i already has a bipod so i sed id leave it on it for resting it down only as springs are good usin bipods... :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement