Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 Is Finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PICS/VID)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Jonny7 wrote: »
    If only there was some sort of platform with sharper crisper graphics

Come over to the dark side
    Nah, the xbox 360 isn't that sharp either :p

I'm working off the assumption that once the hd textures are loaded from disk2 of the BF4 retail edition that it will look at least as good as BF3 did, and to be honest, I'll be happy with that cause BF3 still looks better than we have any right to expect given how old the Current Gen machines are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

Akrasia wrote: »
    Nah, the xbox 360 isn't that sharp either :p

I'm working off the assumption that once the hd textures are loaded from disk2 of the BF4 retail edition that it will look at least as good as BF3 did, and to be honest, I'll be happy with that cause BF3 still looks better than we have any right to expect given how old the Current Gen machines are now.

I've got a PS4 and Battlefield pre-ordered, I was just going to use the PS3 version as a chance to get used to the maps and guns on a smaller scale before jumping over.

I've no doubt it will be excellent on the next gen consoles, I'm just starting to doubt that it will be decent on PS3. Maybe they would have been better off skipping PS3 and focussing all their attention on the next gen/PC. I'd imagine that dictated by predicted sales though.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

mozattack wrote: »
    Nuri, are you finding the vehicles a problem though? Any way of feckin changing the acceleration and deceleraton back from D pad?

I did. Managed to get killed because of it a few times.

There's a BF3 veteran controller set up for vehicles I found out though via options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Something to be happy about:

BF4 out soon and surely it will be good.

Nov 29th, BF4 out again essentially when us console gamers go 64 player...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

My first Battlefield 4 video, some nice killing in the Attack Chopper. Enjoy!

Would also love some help on the Reddits with this one! http://redd.it/1nld7h

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Defaults to medium sized vid on youtube. You're a good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Is this an open beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

TheBza wrote: »
    Is this an open beta?

Closed to those that have Premium/ordered Medal of Honor etc. Open beta starts the 4th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Closed to those that have Premium/ordered Medal of Honor etc. Open beta starts the 4th

I have premium and pre ordered for ps4, nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Remember guys this is still just a beta textures are missing and it's unoptimisied.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

The damage thing is annoying the f**k outta me. You don't feel like you've been hit until the killcam pops up and tells you you're dead.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    The damage thing is annoying the f**k outta me. You don't feel like you've been hit until the killcam pops up and tells you you're dead.

I feel the same - feels more like getting tickled than getting shot.

The engineer weapon at the start is a beast in close quarters, I just shredded a lift full of people on top of B :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Game doesnt feel as clunky or as heavy as BF3.

This is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The RPG and that soflam combo is just stupid.An RPG with no visible tracking capabilities on the launcher itself. Flares dont deflect it all.Why don't they just add a tracer dart and add some skill to the process instead of this lazy approach.

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

The RPG and that soflam combo is just stupid.An RPG with no visible tracking capabilities on the launcher itself. Flares dont deflect it all.Why don't they just add a tracer dart and add some skill to the process instead of this lazy approach.

There is a type of RPG with tracking capability, although the game does specifiy "RPG-7V2" when someone is killed with it - so not such what they were thinking there. Flares DO detect them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

There is a type of RPG with tracking capability, although the game does specifiy "RPG-7V2" when someone is killed with it - so not such what they were thinking there. Flares DO detect them though.

This is small of an issue to be as the other parts are game breakers but I fail to see why we need laser designation for RPGs... what next, auto aim?.. (opps)

You don't need lazer designation for RPGs, you can still free aim with them

Has anyone used the stinger yet? It's very strange, the weapon disappears from view when you aim with it and you just get a cross hair on the chopper - it locks on, fires and reloads much quicker than in BF3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

The problem with the RPG is you dont get the warning sound like you do with the other lock-on weapons (maybe a bug) so its usually too late that and its a 1 hit kill.
    The reason flares dont do anything is maybe like the Jav in BF3 if your painted flares dont work you need the ECM jammer.

Honestly I like it its an improvement over BF3 in many ways bar the optimization but sure thats expected in a BETA so people cant moan about that.

My only 2 gripes that I have so far that hopefully will be changed are movement speed the same as BF3 it was grand dont change it and when you kill someone it comes up ENEMY KILLED then below that comes up who and how can it not just come up who and how first.

• Advertisement

Richie6904 wrote: »
    when you kill someone it comes up ENEMY KILLED then below that comes up who and how can it not just come up who and how first.

that has gotten me killed a couple of times when I tried to take on multiple enemies, there was so much info flashing up I didn't see that I had killed only 2 of the 3 that I was targeting. Soon as I turned my back I got drilled by the 3rd guy. Very frustrating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Richie6904 wrote: »
    The problem with the RPG is you dont get the warning sound like you do with the other lock-on weapons (maybe a bug) .

Confirmed as a bug by Alan Kertz on twitter: https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/385893637311442944

Dont like the way the the kill feed is either.I like in Battlefield 3 it comes up in the bottom middle of the screen, in this it comes up for a split second in the top right,annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

My first impression is one of just pure confusion!!

Took me an age... and I do mean an age to figure out how to get out of a vehicle!!
    Why for the love of god has the spot button been changed... too many deaths as a result! But I'm that having such an important button on one of the trigger buttons does make sense so will just take a while to get used to.
    Damn crouch/prone/stab!

The game feels very different... Dunno if I will enjoy it as much as BF3 but time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PC controls havent been changed, dunno why console where.

Still dont like it.

hypermuse wrote: »
    My first impression is one of just pure confusion!!

Took me an age... and I do mean an age to figure out how to get out of a vehicle!!
    Why for the love of god has the spot button been changed... too many deaths as a result! But I'm that having such an important button on one of the trigger buttons does make sense so will just take a while to get used to.
    Damn crouch/prone/stab!

The game feels very different... Dunno if I will enjoy it as much as BF3 but time will tell!
    There wont be a select button on next gen controllers,instead there is a share button,thats why the spot button was changed. The enter vehicle button is head wrecking.Dont see why they changed the vehicle control even if there is an option to change it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Anyone else find the sniper rifles hard to lock on and kill people with them,

I really find it a hit and miss,

I hate the fact that if you kill someone it points out where you are in orange, plus if your same team mates are more then a few yards away from you they don't show up in blue so your wasting bullets shooting at them as you can't really tell if their enemy or friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I hate the fact that if you kill someone it points out where you are in orange, plus if your same team mates are more then a few yards away from you they don't show up in blue so your wasting bullets shooting at them as you can't really tell if their enemy or friendly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cork24 wrote: »

Team mates show up in blue for me the far side of the map not to mention a few yards away, what format ya playing on?
    Lock on sniper rifle ? jaysus i want one :)
    Dont know what you mean here mate.
    I actually like the orange player who killed you, its a lot beter than the BF3 effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Nologogo

Dcully wrote: »
    Team mates show up in blue for me the far side of the map not to mention a few yards away, what format ya playing on?
    They have tweaked the much used "Colour Blind Mode" to allow for three different colour schemes. Take a look at your options, and under colour blind mode (or something like that) and see if you want to play differently.

Personally I think the default works well.

Advertisement