Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 Is Finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PICS/VID)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nologogo wrote: »
    They have tweaked the much used "Colour Blind Mode" to allow for three different colour schemes. Take a look at your options, and under colour blind mode (or something like that) and see if you want to play differently.

Personally I think the default works well.

Im aware of this feature but thanks.
    I was replying to the poster that said he couldnt see his team mates colour show up when they were more than a few yards away, obviously something wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I've had the same problem occasionally.

I would see an enemy soldier, try to kill him and spot him as well (accidentally hitting select instead of course!).

After a few bullets and not a single hit marker I tweak something aint right. Look more closely at the mini map and where I was shooting at on the map there is a wee blue arrow!

I think it happens when a friendly player is certain distance away and also partially obscured. If they are in plain sight I've never had a problem but if they are sticking their head around a corner or half their body is hidden by the corner then there is no icon above their head!

Lock on sniper rifle = God mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

I've not played in a few days but was constantly having that problem on PS3, but with teammates who were out in the open. Dunno how many bullets I've wasted trying to kill teammates who weren't identified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

fuzz69er wrote: »
    I've not played in a few days but was constantly having that problem on PS3, but with teammates who were out in the open. Dunno how many bullets I've wasted trying to kill teammates who weren't identified.

Same for me on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Nologogo

Dcully wrote: »
    Im aware of this feature but thanks.
    I was replying to the poster that said he couldnt see his team mates colour show up when they were more than a few yards away, obviously something wrong there.
    Sorry bout that. Only half read the post. My bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Battlefield 4 Bootcamp. Shows people what the game is all about, single & multiplayer. Has clips of other maps that I don't think we've seen before.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/bootcamp

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

actually.

You cant get the quad bike in the beta version of shanghai? There is a brief clip of someone taking one up in the elevator in the bootcamp. Man that'll be fun

jihad jeep up the lift!

edit: also the new version of the theme song is really growing on me fast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    jihad jeep up the lift!

Jihad jeep up the lift, off the edge of the skyscraper, and into a chopper you mean :D

Jihad jeep up the lift, off the edge of the skyscraper, and into a chopper you mean :D

No jihad jeep up the lift off the edge of the skyscraper where the engineer rendazooks the chopper down with an rpg while the jeep crashes into a tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

Has anyone played the new Obliteration game mode yet? What's it like?

Is that the one with the randomly placed bombs that you have to plant on strategic enemy locations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Nologogo

Each teams has three bomb sites to attack and defend. They are static on each map. The bomb is dropped in the middle (on Shanghai its always around the front of the skyscraper "C") and the teams fight to move it forwards.

The teams that destroyed all three of the opposition bomb sites wins.

Its actually good fun, though as usual on the public server (limited to 32 players) too many players are camping the roofs, racking up the kills, but losing the games. Squads can be very powerful. We had 2 full 5 man squads working together last night and strolled through a few of the games.

I think it'll be a really good competitive mode, but we'll see.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

No jihad jeep up the lift off the edge of the skyscraper where the engineer rendazooks the chopper down with an rpg while the jeep crashes into a tank.

Challenge accepted

Yup if you have at least one communicating squad on one side of Obliteration you will dominate

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Challenge accepted

The engineer has to land safely into the gunner seat of their own chopper after destroying the enemy gunship

The engineer has to land safely into the gunner seat of their own chopper after destroying the enemy gunship

hahaha challenge........accepted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/games/pre-order/xbox360/battlefield-4-xbox360.html

BF4 Free on Xbox and 17 on PS3... now to play the waiting game...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads, will there be a season pass on the PC version. If so, can anyone link where I can buy it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads, will there be a season pass on the PC version. If so, can anyone link where I can buy it please?

Alot seem to be going for this deal from Simply CD Keys..., thants the game + premium bundled. You can of course just buy the Premium by itself.

I notice they've up'd the price slightly recently mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

flynner13 wrote: »
    http://www.xtra-vision.ie/games/pre-order/xbox360/battlefield-4-xbox360.html

BF4 Free on Xbox and 17 on PS3... now to play the waiting game...

What's going on here with this?

Nuts

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fenix wrote: »
    Alot seem to be going for this deal from Simply CD Keys..., thants the game + premium bundled. You can of course just buy the Premium by itself.

I notice they've up'd the price slightly recently mind...

Ok so that's it here right?

http://www.simplycdkeys.com/origin/battlefield-4-premium-content

Apologies, this is a gift and I don't play PC myself. So that code can be used by anyone that plays the game on PC right? My brother has the regular edition coming from Amazon and want to get this as a b'day present.

• Advertisement

Hmmmmm.

"Re Xtravision Offer

<snip>
    11:46 AM (1 hour ago)

to me

Hi XXXX,

We received your pre-order for battlefield 4 but unfortunately the price was incorrect do to a system error. This means that I have refunded your full payment for this product.

Please accept our apologies for this, and if you have any more problems please let me know. Regards,

<snip>"

Mod note - please do not post anyone's email address - you took the time to edit out your own details, please show other people the same courtesy.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Ok so that's it here right?

http://www.simplycdkeys.com/origin/battlefield-4-premium-content

Apologies, this is a gift and I don't play PC myself. So that code can be used by anyone that plays the game on PC right? My brother has the regular edition coming from Amazon and want to get this as a b'day present.

Yea that's it, its just a key redeemable through Origin. You'll get the key 24 hours before official release date (1st Nov) all being well.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Fenix wrote: »
    Yea that's it, its just a key redeemable through Origin. You'll get the key 24 hours before official release date (1st Nov) all being well.

Don't forget that Premium requires the full game. Buying Premium by itself won't get you anything on the 1st November :D

Skittle wrote: »
    Don't forget that Premium requires the full game. Buying Premium by itself won't get you anything on the 1st November :D

Yea, should have said that, although I think he said his bro has already got the regular version coming and wanted this as a present.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Any ideas what the campaign story is about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Any ideas what the campaign story is about?

Whatever it is I hope it is better than BF3's story. Found that as dull as FPS stories come.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Whatever it is I hope it is better than BF3's story. Found that as dull as FPS stories come.

Ditto. I did enjoy how it was told but christ it was a mind numbing story.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Here's the intro blurb for the single player campaign from the Battlefield Blog Plot

I think I read somewhere they're trying to make it less linear with more in game decisions ala Spec Ops: The Line, either way couldn't be any worse the BF3 SP. Wish they'd kept the co-op missions though, they were quite fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Timmyctc wrote: »

I've always said it - Call of Duty for your single player campaigns, Battlefield for the multiplayer. :)

• Advertisement

I've always said it - Call of Duty for your single player campaigns, Battlefield for the multiplayer. :)

Hmmm, we agree on something for once.

Feckin wish there was no single player and they gave us two maps instead.

Advertisement