Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 Is Finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PICS/VID)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The only way that MP vid could have been less natural was for it to have consisted of pre-rendered sequences. But it does get the point across, 5 man squads, massive and more complex levels etc etc. It makes BF3 look more like a dry run for BF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Will there be more news/vids from E3, e.g will we know for sure how many classes there are and if they have fixed the assault/medic train "bug"!

Any idea if you can be commander on an Iphone or Ipod Touch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

mozattack wrote: »
    Will there be more news/vids from E3, e.g will we know for sure how many classes there are and if they have fixed the assault/medic train "bug"!

DICE are showcasing Battlefield 4 on stage 2 later today. 40 mins worth of footage. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

mozattack wrote: »

Gameplay breakdown.Well worth the watch.How people choose what classes they want to run with isnt a "bug"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I think he is wrong on about the circle on C meaning a destructible capture point. If you look when they are capturing B, it changes to a circle in between going from enemy cap'd to cap'd by the squad. So I imagine a circle just denotes a point not captured by either side.

But everything looks awesome. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

anyone know if this 64 player 60 fps will be on 360/ps3 version or only on ps4/xboxone version?

just watching the live stuff, looks pretty good but guess its pc

anyone know if this 64 player 60 fps will be on 360/ps3 version or only on ps4/xboxone version?

Not sure about fps but the 360/PS3 will only have 24 players.

Not a hope in hell....if they couldn't make 60fps/64player on 360/PS3 for BF3, then they sure as hell won't be able to do it for BF4. The old systems just aren't powerful enough. They're 8 year old pieces of kit now. By todays standards, they're ancient tech. XBOne and PS4 has confirmed 60fps/64players.

Either that or invest in a PC. :)

• Advertisement

LvL cap those a fairly in depth break down of the trailer, well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I hope they don't go overboard on the whole building destruction thing. The maps might get kind of boring if after ten minutes every structure is completely leveled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

No news on the class breakdown yet?, does assault still have the uber guns and medic ability?

Loving that the maps could be more urban, but i'd like to see what the non-urban maps will be like - surely they can't be as good given there is less destruction potential in a non-urban map.

Excited to at last play 32 v 32, I do wonder is it as good as it cracked up to be. Are these fair points about 32 v 32?

- clearly will make the large open maps more playable (e.g. Bandar 12 v 12 = muck)
    - reduces the negative impact on saving a squad of no-hoper snipers perched on a crane 4 miles from the objective, least with 32 on a team you can afford these clowns
    - tigher maps ala Metro unplayable on anymore than 16 v 16?
    - jets will not be a negative aspect anymore, i.e. having 4 people in jets on a map from a total of 24 players was criminal in conquest at least
    - does playing in a team of 31 others make your role less important, i.e. i've had games where a squad of 4 made a real difference, surely a squad of 4 amoung 64 can make little impact
    - Rush is unsuitable for 64 players unless they added a third Mcomm (please do)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

People expecting BF4, are surely to be disappointed to find out that all they're getting is BF3.2
    All it is. is new maps DLC with BF4 slapped as the title.
    PS4 and XBO versions are just going to look like something PC BF3 have at 1080p low or mid settings.
    On top of that, PS4 and XBO users are going to be spending first half year, if not more playing with countless bugs and disconnects. This is due to the game being rushed for the release with the consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

ibstar wrote: »
    People expecting BF4, are surely to be disappointed to find out that all they're getting is BF3.2
    PS4 and XBO versions are just going to look like something PC BF3 have at 1080p low or mid settings.
    On top of that, PS4 and XBO users are going to be spending first half year, if not more playing with countless bugs and disconnects. This is due to the game being rushed for the release with the consoles.

Did you not watch the vids?

Its a sequel so its bound to look alike but there also seems to be plenty of changes to make it much more than BF3.2 imo.

Well bf3 was epic so with 64 players I for one can't wait.

I doubt this game will be as rushed as bf3.
    EA made DICE release the game early to compete with COD.

Where did you get the information that this will be rushed too?

game4it70 wrote: »
    Did you not watch the vids?

You mean the sataged MP? or the per-rendered SP?
    top madra wrote: »

EA made DICE release the game early to compete with COD.

Where did you get the information that this will be rushed too?

You answered your question my friend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I've found the first **** thing about the game. They are after removing C4 from support & giving it to Recon. Yes I can understand why they have done that but surely they must of seen the amount of fun that could be had from having loads of C4 in BF3! :(

You mean the sataged MP? or the per-rendered SP?

No i mean the E3 Livestream vids that where taken from www.twitch.tv/battlefield last night.

You answered your question my friend.

But surely if this is a copy and pasta as you suggest all the bugs are already dealt with and the remaining few are the same that are in every new shooter that's made....

Stop being so pessimistic the game hasn't even being released yet and it already looks epic in pre alpha stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

you can shoot while swimming...cool

top madra wrote: »

Stop being so pessimistic the game hasn't even being released yet and it already looks epic in pre alpha stage.

I am being realistic m8.

BF3 looked absolutely fantastic before it was released. But what we got from day one was a console abortion port to PC.Not going into detail of how much of a flop BF3 is, when it has predecessors to compare to such as BF1942,BF2,BF2142,BFBC and BFBC2.
    Knowing EA (company that won the official title of the worst company of America for the past two years,read up if you don't believe), all they're going to do is hype the game with pre-rendered videos, pump money into PR(because it's cheaper than hiring a team of talented devs) and sell BF3.2 under the shadows of new consoles hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I am being realistic m8.

BF3 looked absolutely fantastic before it was released. But what we got from day one was a console abortion port to PC.Not going into detail of how much of a flop BF3 is, when it has predecessors to compare to such as BF1942,BF2,BF2142,BFBC and BFBC2.
    Knowing EA (company that won the official title of the worst company of America for the past two years,read up if you don't believe), all they're going to do is hype the game with pre-rendered videos, pump money into PR(because it's cheaper than hiring a team of talented devs) and sell BF3.2 under the shadows of new consoles hype.

You say console port and then mention Battlefield Bad Company, seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

My jaw dropped and left me with a warm fuzzy feeling after watching the multiplayer vid.
    Very staged looking but apart from that the detail is impressive and the fact everything is being scaled up, Moores Law certainly applies to video games too.

That building collapse, in multiplayer, will it ever get old - I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I've found the first **** thing about the game. They are after removing C4 from support & giving it to Recon. Yes I can understand why they have done that but surely they must of seen the amount of fun that could be had from having loads of C4 in BF3! :(

I agree lots of C4 = fun :D but its good you wont have access to so much any more :P

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You say console port and then mention Battlefield Bad Company, seriously?

My bad. But you know what I mean. Although BFBC wasn't a bad game and delivered what it promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Hmm small and medium health and ammo packs????? instant boost like say instant 25% health boost thats what some dice dude on the live stream said.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/expansion-packs/second-assault

Hmmm I think this hasnt been mentioned yet looks like a second expansion pack 4 FAN-FAVORITE MAPS
    REDESIGNED IN FROSTBITE 3....... so B2K maps again :pac:

Xbone first :(

ktulu123 wrote: »

Your in luck,looks like support will have c4 also according to the live stream commentators.

• Advertisement

OMG...they just said Battlefield 4 of the "Jurassic Park variety"..... :eek:

Dino Mode!!!!!!!

Advertisement