Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 Is Finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PICS/VID)

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

whats the craic with rush?
    Can you blow up the m-com buildings to destroy them? Like a few were in bad company 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    ktulu what is that song that plays at the end of all your videos?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    ktulu what is that song that plays at the end of all your videos?

also favourite map so far?

btw we might need a first impressions thread up soonish

It's called Flight by Tristram & Braken. There's a link to it in the video description EDIT: The not so Majestic Donkey Linked it above :)

Hmmmmm, I think its Paracel Storm. I had so much fun in those boats as you can probably hear :P

Will set that up now! Good call

whats the craic with rush?
    Can you blow up the m-com buildings to destroy them? Like a few were in bad company 2.

Nope, arm the bomb like BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Nope, arm the bomb like BF3

That sucks.
    Knowing the skyscraper can fall. Perfect place for an m-com. Top of the building. But you would have to defend the building itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Screw you guys and your modern broadband ! :mad:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/363368/278088.JPG

I love how all the BF3.5 naysayers have crawled back into their holes, cant wait to play this on Friday :D

beno619 wrote: »
    Screw you guys and your modern broadband ! :mad:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/363368/278088.JPG

Heh, that's at least twice as good as what I have at home.

In college, however...
    3054995694.png
    ...means I had the 24 GB downloaded in just over 35 minutes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

been downloading since 11 in morning 33% 22 hours left LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Preloading now, downloading fast enough, so hopefully can play tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got the key about 30 minutes ago, played a game of Lancam Dam there decent map.

Game a bit sluggish compared to 3, 60 fps with 7870 everything on Ultra. i5 and SSD

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Game a bit sluggish compared to 3, 60 fps with 7870 everything on Ultra. i5 and SSD

No, it's just newer :)

People can't expect to get the same FPS as in BF3 with the same hardware. BF4 is a newer game, so it's gonna require newer hardware to get the same performance. Also, the FPS increase with using Windows 8.1 is supposedly huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Maybe we could update some of the stickies as the irish servers come online

I'm abroad and don't fancy staring at tiny server flags trying to figure out whether it's the italian flag or irish one

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No, it's just newer :)

People can't expect to get the same FPS as in BF3 with the same hardware. BF4 is a newer game, so it's gonna require newer hardware to get the same performance. Also, the FPS increase with using Windows 8.1 is supposedly huge.

Its the same engine so why not? Running exactly as well as BF3 does for me.

Sluggish is the gameplay its slower than 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm having a horrible time on my Fx6300. FPS keeps dropping, doesn't matter what graphical settings I put it on - and that's only 32 man games. Really pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

it took them many months to sort out the stuttering in bf3 at high resolutions above 1080p even though it ran at 60fps solid. bf4 will probably be the same as they improve drivers and patches for those running ultra widescreen.

Still stuck in work so can even play till friday and hopefully the full release will be smoother than the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its the same engine so why not? Running exactly as well as BF3 does for me.

Sluggish is the gameplay its slower than 3.

Its Frostbite 3, Bf3 was frostbite 2 so dunno what difference that would make but id say 3 would be a bit more demanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

It would make more sense for the counter knife to just stop the attack, seems like a cheap kill that way.

My first Only in Battlefield moment happened yesterday. Thought this was awesome! Enjoy!

Would really appreciate some up-votes on the Reddit thread too: http://redd.it/1pjxqx

Cheers lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Got my CD key this morning, preloading at present ready to rock and roll this evening.

Cannot wait. Been palying BF games since their first launch, and can see myself wasting alot of time on this one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement