Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 Is Finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PICS/VID)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

anyone know if this 64 player 60 fps will be on 360/ps3 version or only on ps4/xboxone version?

just watching the live stuff, looks pretty good but guess its pc
    Yousef wrote: »
    Not a hope in hell....if they couldn't make 60fps/64player on 360/PS3 for BF3, then they sure as hell won't be able to do it for BF4. The old systems just aren't powerful enough. They're 8 year old pieces of kit now. By todays standards, they're ancient tech. XBOne and PS4 has confirmed 60fps/64players.

Either that or invest in a PC. :)

According to rivaLxfactor's vid (near the end) here 60fps and 64 players on next gen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtKO2TjWDls

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

ibstar wrote: »
    I am being realistic m8.

BF3 looked absolutely fantastic before it was released. But what we got from day one was a console abortion port to PC.Not going into detail of how much of a flop BF3 is, when it has predecessors to compare to such as BF1942,BF2,BF2142,BFBC and BFBC2.
    Knowing EA (company that won the official title of the worst company of America for the past two years,read up if you don't believe), all they're going to do is hype the game with pre-rendered videos, pump money into PR(because it's cheaper than hiring a team of talented devs) and sell BF3.2 under the shadows of new consoles hype.

BF3 is more popular than any of it predecessors and for good reason too, yes it had it faults but it's still amazing game. It's kinda laughable that you are comparing it to some of those old games when BF3 took a major leap forward even from BC2.

What were you expecting from BF4 like, why would they completely change something that wasn't broken.

Making BF3 was learning curve even for DICE, EA rushed them to get it out as the same time as MW3 and that's why it was full of bugs.

And no it didn't look amazing before it was released the beta was as buggy as hell, guys falling through and getting stuck floors etc.
    The beta was released at the end of Sept and the game was released the end of Oct, that was rushed.

It's now June and they still have months to iron out the creases so really you can't predict anything yet, so again stop being so pessimistic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

game4it70 wrote: »
    Your in luck,looks like support will have c4 also according to the live stream commentators.

AWESOME!! I fecking hope so!! @Richie Ah I would find someone to bring C4 around for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

3qwrsq.jpg

Is pretty much my motto. C4 is my fwiend :3

:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

In dept look at the new load out screens....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Really like the look of the new loadout options although I am going to miss toying with recons while im in a tank though :D

The text says the RPG can lock onto targets which is a bit weird.

As far as DLC is concerned, they're bringing a map pack out that will contain "fan favourites" from Battlefield 3!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

FFS, this is so stupid. Why do they think we're to be grateful to spend money on something we already own?!!? Who the fuuuuuuukkkkkkk wants to pay to play Metro or Caspian Border AGAIN?

If we want to play BF3 maps.....then guess what? We'll throw in BF3!!!!!! :mad:

As far as DLC is concerned, they're bringing a map pack out that will contain "fan favourites" from Battlefield 3!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

FFS, this is so stupid. Why do they think we're to be grateful to spend money on something we already own?!!? Who the fuuuuuuukkkkkkk wants to pay to play Metro or Caspian Border AGAIN?

If we want to play BF3 maps.....then guess what? We'll throw in BF3!!!!!! :mad:

Console players have never played Caspian/Karg or even the madness of Metro with 64 players so that's probably why.

Tbf BF3 has something like 29 maps so four maps isn't gonna to make much of a difference.

top madra wrote: »
    Console players have never played Caspian/Karg or even the madness of Metro with 64 players so that's probably why.

Tbf BF3 has something like 29 maps so four maps isn't gonna to make much of a difference.

That doesn't make the situation any less vile.

I can understand the console players want to play Metro/Caspian etc....but that doesn't help the PC players. It's not fair at all in that the PC players are getting literally nothing. And we have to think of them too, it's not all about the console owners.

I hope DICE have an extra map pack planned featuring new content. BF3 had five DLC's. BF4 better have 6 for the same price. But knowing EA, that's not going to happen.

It's not fair at all. Good for the console players perhaps....but the PC owners are getting shafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Yay, the beeper (motion sensors) from Bad Company 2 will be back. C4 & them + a nice submachine gun/shotgun and I'll be happy.

• Advertisement

That doesn't make the situation any less vile.

I can understand the console players want to play Metro/Caspian etc....but that doesn't help the PC players. It's not fair at all in that the PC players are getting literally nothing. And we have to think of them too, it's not all about the console owners.

I hope DICE have an extra map pack planned featuring new content. BF3 had five DLC's. BF4 better have 6 for the same price. But knowing EA, that's not going to happen.

It's not fair at all. Good for the console players perhaps....but the PC owners are getting shafted.

Just don't buy the map pack if it bothers you that much, if you get premium just don't download it.

I'm sure there will be plenty of PC players that won't mind going back and giving some of those old maps a bash.

I guess Back to Karkland was a new map pack that PC players never seen before either.

Just don't buy the map pack if it bothers you that much, if you get premium just don't download it.

I'm sure there will be plenty of PC players that won't mind going back and giving some of those old maps a bash.

I guess Back to Karkland was a new map pack that PC players never seen before either.

Back 2 Karkand was a freebie, a pre-order incentive testing out old maps on a brand new Frostbite engine. The Karkand maps were originally released in 2005. Metro and Caspian are recent additions. They were released less than two years ago. There's a difference between getting a free pre-order incentive and actually paying or using up one of the designated DLC's on recent maps.

I gather you're a console player and that's fine. There's no problem with that at all but it does affect PC players. It's not as easy as shrugging their shoulders and saying, "hey, we just won't download it" particularly if they're signed up to Premium. What they're essentially doing is robbing them of brand new content (4 new maps) by using up a DLC for recent maps.

Can you see where the PC players are coming from?

I play on pc and wont mind if the pack has some of the old maps.They might even improve or enlarge them.

There still will be play of new maps to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fairly sure PC players wont be picking Caspian and Metro as their favourite maps from Bf3.

My 4 would be

Seine
    Grand Bazaar
    Kharg
    Firestorm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Escape pods?

Man I remember when BF used to be cool.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Fairly sure PC players wont be picking Caspian and Metro as their favourite maps from Bf3.

My 4 would be

Seine
    Grand Bazaar
    Kharg
    Firestorm

I agree in that I wouldn't pick Metro nor Caspian as my favourites although I know that people play Metro 24/7...

I know the console players will love getting their hands on a piece of kit that will play 64 players but I can't see the draw in getting destroyed down the clusterfukkk corridors of Metro. It can be the most frustrating map on BF3 depending on the teams.

Anyway, bringing back Metro and Caspian doesn't come from me, people were asked what they thought about it returning...

Back 2 Karkand was a freebie, a pre-order incentive testing out old maps on a brand new Frostbite engine. The Karkand maps were originally released in 2005. Metro and Caspian are recent additions. They were released less than two years ago. There's a difference between getting a free pre-order incentive and actually paying or using up one of the designated DLC's on recent maps.

I gather you're a console player and that's fine. There's no problem with that at all but it does affect PC players. It's not as easy as shrugging their shoulders and saying, "hey, we just won't download it" particularly if they're signed up to Premium. What they're essentially doing is robbing them of brand new content (4 new maps) by using up a DLC for recent maps.

Can you see where the PC players are coming from?

Back to Karkand was only free if you preordered or got the ltd edition others had to buy it.

I seen a poll someplace where you could vote on which maps to bring back but I'm not sure if it was official.

I'm sure with all the new guns/gagets/vehicles etc some of these current maps could be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I wouldnt mind an extended metro provided it was bigger and you could make more ways around the map say by blowing holes in the roof :D like the BF4 vid.
    Honestly though I dunno what maps should be improved the B2k maps are class
    but to rehash them again would be just cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Good post and being a console player I'd love to play these maps again.

They should slighly change them though.

• Advertisement

I hear destruction is more like BF3 which is disappointing, don't get too carried away with footage so far, they have focused on what is destructable.

I am not for all destruction but it would be great if there was a varying amount, e.g. some buildings get more damaged than others in different games.

Can anyone confirm if defibrillator has a 10 seconds cooling down period now?

If so, best change of the game and my hatred of assault class can calm a little (I heard a commentator say it but not seen it written down)

Yeah, no C4 on Support :(

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Ah what a shame i'm gutted for you :P

The world will be a safer place now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Take part in massive 64-player battles on next-gen platforms and PC, while 2 Commanders can join the fight to help turn the tide

Yeah BOY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

mozattack wrote: »
    Good post and being a console player I'd love to play these maps again.

They should slighly change them though.

The maps will be re-imagined so it wont just be a copy and paste job.
    Its a good chance for Dice to prove that its not just BF3.2 if they look significantly better.
    ktulu123 wrote: »

Its a good move, encourages snipers to be more aggressive.

Support class is the only one with full suppression so it balances out..

I must admit that I love every change being proposed, seems too good to be true.

DICE get some stick, I never know why, but this shows they listened and learned.

BF3 is an amazing game so things can be frustrating but it looks like they are being resolved.

My favourite changes:

- 64 players for new-gen (not really a change but you get the point)
    - C4 to recon
    - Support retaining suppression and other losing it
    - Assault seems to be toned down a lot (10 seconds recharge for defib namely)
    - Motion sensors to recon
    - Carbines being multi-kit
    - The new grenade launcher for support class
    - Various grenades

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

So long as Metro, Noshar Canals, Tehran Valley and Operation Firestorm don't return as DLC, I'm not overly bothered with BF3 map DLC.

Metro will probably return though -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

beno619 wrote: »

Its a good move, encourages snipers to be more aggressive.

Support class is the only one with full suppression so it balances out..

Does it encourage snipers to be more aggressive?

Tell me how you feel about c4 and tugs together, ultimate trolling tool. ;)

Burgo wrote: »

Shush dont give Ktula any ideas :D

• Advertisement

Burgo wrote: »

Guys will still sit up in the hills getting 1 or 2 kills a map & not helping the team. Won't change much, it will however give me the ability to mess with others as you have said :) Thanks!

Advertisement