Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 Is Finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PICS/VID)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I have this pre-ordered with a PS4 but just after playing BF3 on the Ps3 I'm going to cancelling that and getting another game.

Dafuk controller?? I need my keyboard and mouse and the graphics were really really poor

Roll on BF4 on PC

Does this post have any purpose other than trying to boast about playing a game on PC? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

mozattack wrote: »
    Does this post have any purpose other than trying to boast about playing a game on PC? :rolleyes:

Actually yes it does and where was I boasting???

The fact I was so taken aback at how poor the game played when using a joypad compared to a keyboard/mouse and also at how poor the graphics looked compared to when I played it on PC I had decided to cancel my preorder

I wasnt bashing any consoles, I was just giving my 2 cents worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Actually yes it does and where was I boasting???

The fact I was so taken aback at how poor the game played when using a joypad compared to a keyboard/mouse and also at how poor the graphics looked compared to when I played it on PC I had decided to cancel my preorder

I wasnt bashing any consoles, I was just giving my 2 cents worth.

Well done for judging the next Gen off of a game released at the end of the current Gen.

Gold star for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Different strokes for different folks bf is bf
    Its what your comfortable with and who you play with
    I just jumped on bf3 with my new samsung 42inch led on a xbox360 and to me its the business
    but thats just me I'm useless on a pc and find consoles are idiot proof for the likes of me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Different strokes for different folks bf is bf
    Its what your comfortable with and who you play with
    I just jumped on bf3 with my new samsung 42inch led on a xbox360 and to me its the business
    but thats just me I'm useless on a pc and find consoles are idiot proof for the likes of me

It's really not, bf3 is a completely different game on current gen in comparison to the proper PC version , next gen will address the performance issues and give a proper BF experience.

I was disappointed MS didn't announce some mouse and keyboard compatibility with the Xbox One might have encouraged a few pc gamers to pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I have this pre-ordered with a PS4 but just after playing BF3 on the Ps3 I'm going to cancelling that and getting another game.

Dafuk controller?? I need my keyboard and mouse and the graphics were really really poor

Roll on BF4 on PC

I'd have to trawl through my Youtube history to find it, but one of the main BF commentators was saying recently that the PS4 version is compatible with a mouse and keyboard.

Look like player count might be increased to 70 players :)
    According to a source that spoke to BF4Central, Battlefield 4 developer DICE could be looking to increase the player count from 66 to 70 players overall. It could be even more.
    This is reportedly due to the current unevenness of squads. 66 players, which includes two commanders, would mean 32 players for each side. This of course means that for 5 player squads, the seventh squad for each side would have only 2 players. The increase of players for each side would be done to ensure squads remain even all throughout (if 70 for just the players and not commanders, then it would become 7 squads of 5 players each).

http://gamingbolt.com/battlefield-4-multiplayer-count-may-be-increased-to-70-graphics-heavily-optimized-for-amd

beno619 wrote: »

Should it not be 72 (70 +2) is we are going to call it originally 66?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I'd have to trawl through my Youtube history to find it, but one of the main BF commentators was saying recently that the PS4 version is compatible with a mouse and keyboard.

No ways! Handy as fcuk

Was wondering out loud, why did they take the carbines from the engineers and give them PDWs? What was the sense with that?

Assault will now have assault rifles, carbines and semi-automatic sniper guns?

Are they reserving Assault totalling for noobs who need handicapped gaming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Well have officially decided not to pre-order.
    EA giving pre-orderers on origin all the vehicle unlocks , or for the delux edition all vehicle and air unlocks is a step too far and is a load of BS.

These things should be earned not given freely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Will this be released on the 29th Oct in Ireland like it will be in the US(Origin version)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

EA giving pre-orderers on origin all the vehicle unlocks , or for the delux edition all vehicle and air unlocks is a step too far and is a load of BS.

Sure just getting the unlocks takes the point out of the game imo

Next thing you'll be able to pay to be a shítbucket! :pac:

Sure just getting the unlocks takes the point out of the game imo
    It gets even worse, they are giving away random Gold Packs to every pre order too which will give them random weapon unlocks and XP points and other stuff.

The weapon unlocks were never a big deal to me , usually I just get very good with either the starting weapons or early unlocked weapon and stuck with it.

But the vehicle unlocks are massive, if a bog standard tank and a tank with all the unlocks comes face to face the tank with all the unlocks should win almost every time. Same can prob be said for the air vehicle unlocks.

I would prefer a game with no unlocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The shortcut kits are for BF3, not BF4.

Jim wrote: »
    The shortcut kits are for BF3, not BF4.
    Apologies :P you are correct and there was me getting wound up about it !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Apologies :P you are correct and there was me getting wound up about it !

Did you write a strongly worded letter? :D

Theres another Alpha/beta test in 2 weeks. 2 maps with full textures, going for pc configurations and network load balancing apparently.

Just an FYI if you have DO NOT EMAIL ME in your origin/battlelog account they cannot legally ask you to do it so they wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Did you write a strongly worded letter? :D

Theres another Alpha/beta test in 2 weeks. 2 maps with full textures, going for pc configurations and network load balancing apparently.

Just an FYI if you have DO NOT EMAIL ME in your origin/battlelog account they cannot legally ask you to do it so they wont.
    Any source?

It seems a few YT commentators have been given extra footage by EA recently, basically snippets of footage from that China map we saw at E3.

Can't wait to use the Skorpion Evo.

• Advertisement

I've probably said this more than once. Whether or not it was in this thread I cannot remember, but please Dice, just please add a mandatory tutorial in how to play the game.

How to arm an M-Com.
    How to defuse an M-Com.
    How to cap a flag (CQ and CTF)
    What does a captured flag flashing mean.
    What does every perk do for classes do.
    What does every perk for vehicles do.
    What is Gunmaster.
    Why jumping in a vehicle can save minutes instead of walking.
    Why vehicles are like a chess piece and it's good to hop into the gunner seat.
    Why is targeting vehicles useful.
    Why switching kits is useful.

It should last 10-15 minutes and it should be written out in crayola on screen for all the many dimwits who will play Battlefield 4, as well as those currently on Battlefield 3.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've probably said this more than once. Whether or not it was in this thread I cannot remember, but please Dice, just please add a mandatory tutorial in how to play the game.

How to arm an M-Com.
    How to defuse an M-Com.
    What is Gunmaster.

It should last 10-15 minutes and it should be written out in crayola on screen for all the many dimwits who will play Battlefield 4, as well as those currently on Battlefield 3.

That should be the purpose of the singleplayer. Not some naff plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How to arm an M-Com.
    How to defuse an M-Com.
    What is Gunmaster.

Expecting more COD players?
    Jim wrote: »
    Any source?

Email from battlelog :)

5uspect wrote: »
    That should be the purpose of the singleplayer. Not some naff plot.

True, but the vast majority of players don't go near single player unless their internet is down. All the idiots who can't fly an attacking chopper and who could have honed their flying in that co-op misson instead of jeopardizing their team online I'm sure is quite high too.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Expecting more COD players?

:)

Well there should be.

But even still, there have been quite a few so called BF veterans or non-COD folk I've played with who are clueless. I was just messing about in the MAV last night, spotting for my team during a game of Rush on offence. I quite literally spotted one person and kept circling around him, keeping him distracted. Two random team mates completely oblivious to their mini map walk right past him before getting shot in the back. How is that possible :o
    I can't comprehend being that bad at this game. As I eluded to above, while it's two years since it's release, I'm new to BF at least compared to all my years in COD, and I was never this bad starting out in BF3. Is it high expectations? Maybe. I don't think so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

I hear the open beta should be starting in Sept

When will we see PS4 multiplayer footage?

Also really surprised about the choices of maps for second assault in that Kharg Island is one of the most popular? When I go to play the most popular are Metro, Seine and Bazaar, certainly not Kharg... surely they are just using PC players popularity (which would make sense)

Kharg Island is the most popular TDM map as well as being a great rush map so I can see how it made the cut.

Kharg Island is the most popular TDM map as well as being a great rush map so I can see how it made the cut.

I would have thought canals TDM is the most popular on console!

What four maps made the cut though?

I would have thought canals TDM is the most popular on console!

What four maps made the cut though?

My bad I always get the two mixed up :p

• Advertisement

My bad I always get the two mixed up :p

Canals is definately the most popular TDM game on console.

I console I would say the following are the most played:

1. Metro
    2. Canals
    3. Bazaar
    4. Seine

I dont think the last two have made it with Kharg and Caspian coming instead.

My point then is that I wonder have they based the "most popular" solely on PC which would make sense because moving to 64 player across the board will mean the console choice should be ignored (PS3 player here)

On this subject I find it amazing how hard it is to get a game of Epicentre and anything on End Game without going into specific End Game and Aftermath servers.

Advertisement