Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 Is Finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PICS/VID)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

At 1.33 it says the bomb is dropped, new game mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

At 1.33 it says the bomb is dropped, new game mode!

Its like capture the flag except with a bomb you have to detonate at a given target.
    It looks like the target may change during the round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Eurofighter Typhoon at 1:22. :D

aircraft-eurofighter-typhoon-1045425.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

From capture the flag to capture the bomb...ughhh.

Okay, now that there is naval battles, any chance the maps will be too vacant even with 64 people now that a portion are on the sea, in the air, in tanks... maybe I am being too pessimistic.?

The animation on the guns looks like ****e BTW??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Eurofighter Typhoon at 1:22. :D

That's most likely a Chinese Chengdu J-20, note the twin tail fins and the fact that it's a Chinese faction vehicle. The US appear to be sporting F22s earlier in the video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Looks amazing - If i preorder now do EA take the euros out of my account now or on release date... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So consoles are not getting 64 man?

Thats a bit crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

The consoles are 64 player ..

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So consoles are not getting 64 man?

Thats a bit crap.

Next Gen is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Obliteration, inspired by Capture the Flag, is brand new for the Battlefield series. In it, each team is given three objectives that must be defended. At the start of the battle a bomb spawns in a central location, and both teams rush to grab it and bring it to the enemy's objective.

Once there, the bomb must be armed to trigger an explosion, thus destroying the objective. When that happens, a new bomb spawns. The goal is to destroy the enemy's three objectives while defending yours.

Obliteration is capped at 32 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. On PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 it's capped at 24 players. You can of course push higher on PC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-20-battlefield-4-mode-obliteration-and-map-parcel-storm-revealed

Doesnt make sense if its 32 on next Gen and 64 on PC for obliteration. Will other modes suffer that? Or worse is there only specific modes that are 64 man on next gen.

The video shown is on PC, over 40 players in it at one stage.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Only just properly catching up with the BF4 news now. Obliteration is basically what I asked for in the BF4 ideas thread back in February :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83276775&postcount=3

Re Oblitertion , Why is it capped at 32 players – is this a design choice or limitation?

This might be a decent guess from a commentor on the article :
    Actually it seems this map is like Close Quarters which are 24 player maps. But that didn't stop PC servers to go to 64 players. What he meants is that this map is for 32 players and on pc would probably be just like CQ

Worries me that we haven't seen BF4 on PS4 or XBox1 yet (multiplayer that is). Wondering how well/bad it will look.

I was thinking…
    When BF3 came out I essentially gave up 100% on BFBC2 despite spending a full year prior on that game. I went back and played it and it was actually unplayable, the controls and graphics were shocking in comparison.
    I am wondering will BF4 have the same effect. It should do but somehow I doubt it because of the following reasons:-
    - Some great maps not being ported, e.g. Seine, D. Peak, Sharqi, Strike at Karkand, Epicentre, M. Monolith – will miss those
    - The maps being ported are a little lame; Metro (I accept), Firestorm (WTF – snooze fest unless the 64 version is way better), Gulf (enough already!) and Caspian (fine, looking forward to the 64 player version). Most of all 3 out of the 4 maps aren’t especially good on rush only have three sets of Mcomms – I’d like to see some more added on the new versions of the maps?
    - BF4, I expect, will be very similar in control to BF3 so it will be easy to interchange between the games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

mozattack wrote: »
    I was thinking…
    When BF3 came out I essentially gave up 100% on BFBC2 despite spending a full year prior on that game. I went back and played it and it was actually unplayable, the controls and graphics were shocking in comparison.
    I am wondering will BF4 have the same effect. It should do but somehow I doubt it because of the following reasons:-
    - Some great maps not being ported, e.g. Seine, D. Peak, Sharqi, Strike at Karkand, Epicentre, M. Monolith – will miss those
    - The maps being ported are a little lame; Metro (I accept), Firestorm (WTF – snooze fest unless the 64 version is way better), Gulf (enough already!) and Caspian (fine, looking forward to the 64 player version). Most of all 3 out of the 4 maps aren’t especially good on rush only have three sets of Mcomms – I’d like to see some more added on the new versions of the maps?
    - BF4, I expect, will be very similar in control to BF3 so it will be easy to interchange between the games
    Are you sure their the maps being ported over?
    Looking forward to Gulf of Oman, if that is the case.Great map for the attack chopper on the RU side

Firestorm is a great Conquest when the player count is high enough.

Since these maps are still fresh in our minds I'm hoping they actually have been reimagined.
    - New textures, no copy and paste jobs
    - New emcon points - First set of emcon's on firestorm are terrible
    - Better Destruction

Are you sure their the maps being ported over?
    Looking forward to Gulf of Oman, if that is the case.Great map for the attack chopper on the RU side

There'll be 8 players waiting for it all smashing it off the ground!

Seriously think Second Assault is a shocking DLC... B2K was different because so many hadn't played BF2 and even if they did the game was out >5 years prior.

Surely other maps from BF2 would be better?

They keep banging on about how many options there are in terms of custom ability of the weapons but what has changed - each weapon still have just two/three slots and there are still just two slots for gadgets???

• Advertisement

http://www.twitch.tv/battlefield

There is live gameplay very soon now!!!!!!
    Same setup as E3.
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Edit: lol it crashed.

Sabotage/Obliteration I'm not terribly fussed about there being a player cap. From my many , many hours playing the game type, it's one of the more strategic game types and having too many people in it would ruin it somewhat.

Didn't realise it initially but I see Defuse is another game type like Search and Destroy in COD or the equivalent in CS. Brilliant inclusion. If CTF is included from the beginning on top of Rush and Conquest. I'm sorted.

Regarding Second Assault, I'm delighted Gulf of Oman is returning. Metro and Firestorm... not so much. Metro needs more than just a new coat of paint so to speak. The actual metro area needs a redesign. I despite Firestorm, just one of maps I've disliked from the very beginning. Caspian with 64 players I'll enjoy I'm sure.

JzfttGYh.png

augiIlVh.jpg

BXVzja0h.jpg

Kq9ST8Fh.jpg

game4it70 wrote: »
    http://www.twitch.tv/battlefield

There is live gameplay very soon now!!!!!!
    Same setup as E3.
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Edit: lol it crashed.

Working for me.

The ship :D

Tomorrow they'll show Obliteration.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Working for me.

The ship :D

Hehe yeah the feed crashed for them.

Ship looks cool as does the weather changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I'm sure it's littered throughout this thread but can anyone tell me where they found the best place to pre-order this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

I havn't really been following this release even though I was a big fan of BF3. (level 100 colonel with a sh*t bucket here :P)

It all looks kinda... the same. Nothing revolutionary, just evolutionary. Do you not think BF4 will just feel like another expansion pack on BF3?

I'd really love to see some new lighting/weather. Some properly dark maps where nightvision, thermal optics, flashlights, etc. will actually be of use rather than just a novelty as per BF3.

Also, I really do hope they give the helicopter pilots rockets a bit more damage. The Guner's shots were always overpowered IMO. Afterall, it's the pilot doing all the work keeping the heli in the air, he deserves more potential for points than the gunner.

It all looks kinda... the same. Nothing revolutionary, just evolutionary. Do you not think BF4 will just feel like another expansion pack on BF3?
    Some fundamental gameplay mechanics have changed.

- Only support can dish out serious Suppression like BF3.
    - Suppression does not mean random bullet deviation instead increases side to side recoil ( I think )
    - Spec ops style recon's with C4 and claymores
    - Any class can use semi-auto snipers
    - Defib recharge time
    - Light in building can be cut making

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Live feed does make the game look fantastic.

It'll be at the eurogamer expo this year so I'll get my hands on it next month :D

• Advertisement

I think maybe PS3 to PS4 converts will enjoy the BF3 to BF4 leap because of the move from 24 players to 64 players... for PC surely this is just like a patch?

(then again, if it isn't broke, why fix it?)

Advertisement