Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 Is Finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PICS/VID)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

mozattack wrote: »
    I think maybe PS3 to PS4 converts will enjoy the BF3 to BF4 leap because of the move from 24 players to 64 players... for PC surely this is just like a patch?

(then again, if it isn't broke, why fix it?)

I am honestly sick of the *Its no different from Bf3* posts all over the place.

Its the same engine so what?

Did Bad Company 2 feel like a *patch* for bad company 1 on the ps3?

It was the same engine. (oh i'm sorry 1.5 *rolleyes* )

No its a full on sequel and there is more then enough original content to show so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I am honestly sick of the *Its no different from Bf3* posts all over the place.

Its the same engine so what?

Did Bad Company 2 feel like a *patch* for bad company 1 on the ps3?

It was the same engine. (oh i'm sorry 1.5 *rolleyes* )

No its a full on sequel and there is more then enough original content to show so.

Obviously didn't read my last sentence; "(then again, if it isn't broke, why fix it?)"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I do get p!ssed off reading all the moaning about a game that hasn't been released yet.
    Simple fact is if you dont like it dont buy it.

I try not to read any forums about battlefield in general as "OP this OP that" is all i ever see.

I say this about other places not here and the fine folks that give us there input.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just going through my Youtube playlist and stumbled upon these.

* Skipped over support class.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Are the map sizes on PS3 going to be different from PS4 - little bit concerned that the game isn't going to be as good on PS3 due to the lower player number cap ?

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Just going through my Youtube playlist and stumbled upon these.

* Skipped over support class.

Best clip I have seen in a long time.

x40 scope for Recon... wow!

Love the way it is set up, excellent.

Some load of attachments.

4 kinds of suppressor - wierd.

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Are the map sizes on PS3 going to be different from PS4 - little bit concerned that the game isn't going to be as good on PS3 due to the lower player number cap ?

It'll be more a case of there being no Large Conquest though. For example, on PC there are 7 flags on Gulf of Oman to capture, whereas on PS3 and 360 it's limited to 4 flags. Likewise with Caspian Border where there is 5th flag (beside the antenna) for PC players while us on the current consoles are stuck with 4 flags only.

They're showing the Obliteration game mode now btw.

http://www.twitch.tv/battlefield

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Best clip I have seen in a long time.

x40 scope for Recon... wow!

Love the way it is set up, excellent.

Some load of attachments.

4 kinds of suppressor - wierd.
    Yeah it looks like they are going down the COD road with attachments, completely pointless IMO

Range finder, x40 and being able to zero the sights will take alot of the skill out of sniping resulting in more bush wookies in far far away land :rolleyes:

On the plus side I do like the idea of the 12g sidearm and more freedom to pick gadgets.

Yeah it looks like they are going down the COD road with attachments, completely pointless IMO

Range finder, x40 and being able to zero the sights will take alot of the skill out of sniping resulting in more bush wookies in far far away land :rolleyes:

On the plus side I do like the idea of the 12g sidearm and more freedom to pick gadgets.

Please tell, why are attachments pointless?

There are does who mix it up, use all different guns, attachments scopes and there are the painful minority who use M16A3, HB and Kobra 24/7 - I am glad they are catering for the former.

Test range! How cool is that!!!

Nuri, where are the 3 other capture points on Gulf on PC? I presume one is near the last Mcomms on Rush at the building but I can't think where they'd put the others.

To the guy who asked about player count for PS3, I think this could be worse for BF4 than BF3 cos now 3/5s of flatforms will have 64 player whereas for BF3 they will have kept on eye out for 24 players knowing the majority (2/3s) were stuck with 24.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Until I watched this video, I wasn't all that enthusiastic about BF4 at all cause I dislike being made into little more than a consumer expected to buy an update every year like FIFA or COD people (both of which are games I don't play at all because of this business practice).

Punk buster is always kicking me out of games until I manually update it (I don't know why it doesn't just update itself). BF3 gives me serious headaches with my Crossfire too, so I just stopped playing it because of these stupid things that wreck my head. By the time I get them sorted, I don't feel like playing anymore and just pick a game that works.

However, the level of environment interaction hinted at in that video is quite a big step up in what the game is going to allow and that's pretty neat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Range finder, x40 and being able to zero the sights will take alot of the skill out of sniping

Erm...giving players range finders and zeroable sights increases the skill level quite substantially. Unless of course you think this quick scope crap is skillful and realistic.

Please tell, why are attachments pointless?

There are does who mix it up, use all different guns, attachments scopes and there are the painful minority who use M16A3, HB and Kobra 24/7 - I am glad they are catering for the former.

Test range! How cool is that!!!
    I take pride in using all the weapons and classes in BF3 but 3 types of slightly different suppressor/foregrip/flash suppressor just dilutes the whole thing. Its like all the scopes in BF3, half of them are completely useless and just filler unlocks.
    Erm...giving players range finders and zeroable sights increases the skill level quite substantially. Unless of course you think this quick scope crap is skillful and realistic.

Currently if you want to pull off a long range shot it might take a few practice shots so you can see what distance/bullet drop you need to account for and corresponding marker point on the scope you need to use but now it'll tell you the distance immediately and you just set the scope to that, no skill involved :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

These gameplay trailers are starting to make BF3 feel like a massive beta. There also seems to be a lot going on in the maps, starting to doubt Il be able to max it out on a 7950.
    October can't come soon enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

BF4 Beta has been added to my origin page ... pre-ordering Medal of Honor War-fighter finally paid off :pac:

Currently if you want to pull off a long range shot it might take a few practice shots so you can see what distance/bullet drop you need to account for and corresponding marker point on the scope you need to use but now it'll tell you the distance immediately and you just set the scope to that, no skill involved :confused:

From being an Arma player myself, the idea is that you kill the guy in the first shot :)

ac740a3498dd84e16594b50e2c96b31c.png

Reminds me of Goldeneye :p
    Nuri, where are the 3 other capture points on Gulf on PC? I presume one is near the last Mcomms on Rush at the building but I can't think where they'd put the others.

oman64_-_btk_original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I cant wait to see the map with the dam breaking and flooding the streets. :)

Has anyone heard them mention or read anywhere can spec mode be turned off server side?

"Its like all the scopes in BF3, half of them are completely useless and just filler unlocks"

I can safely say I use every scope in BF3... i purposely use some like the PSO4 for variation (use that on my Scar-L). I use the PSO7 on the JNG, etc etc.

The more scopes, the more variation - especially when you spent 800 hrs playing the game, fairly lame using the same equipment each time.

Loving the x2 multiplier - think that will be cool with the Holo.

• Advertisement

ac740a3498dd84e16594b50e2c96b31c.png

Reminds me of Goldeneye :p

oman64_-_btk_original.jpg

Good find, wow that looks intense.

I like the PS3 version but unfortunately when there are 1/2 in choppers, 1/2 in jets and 5/6 dopes hiding on a crane it gets fairly boring. Add 40 more players and 3 captures points surely it is another game altogether

Is anyone not concerned that there has been no released footage of PS4 BF4 MP yet?

I am looking for reviews on last night's closed door play and read one but ultimately it was capped at 16 players with no vehicles. Will it run so smooth with 64/66 players, tanks, choppers, IFV etc?... *worry*

"Its like all the scopes in BF3, half of them are completely useless and just filler unlocks"

I can safely say I use every scope in BF3... i purposely use some like the PSO4 for variation (use that on my Scar-L). I use the PSO7 on the JNG, etc etc.

The more scopes, the more variation - especially when you spent 800 hrs playing the game, fairly lame using the same equipment each time.

Loving the x2 multiplier - think that will be cool with the Holo.
    I would use the russian scopes if they were on par with the US ones but except for the Kobra they arn't mostly because they limit your field of view.

Back on topic BF4 Premium Video

And the expansion packs have been announced:
    Battlefield 4: Expansion Packs Revealed.

Battlefield 4 China Rising - "Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland."
    Get the Battlefield 4™ China Rising expansion pack at no additional cost by pre-ordering!
    http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/expansion-packs/china-rising [battlefield.com]

Battlefield 4 Second Assault - "Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3 maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite 3."
    AVAILABLE FIRST ON XBOX ONE
    Battlefield 4™ Second Assault will be available post launch first for Xbox One consumers. This Premium expansion pack will feature four of the most fan-favorite maps from Battlefield 3, redesigned to take advantage of our advanced Frostbite 3 engine and enhanced to include new multiplayer features from Battlefield 4.
    http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/expansion-packs/second-assault [battlefield.com]

Battlefield 4 Naval Strike - "Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea."
    GET EARLY ACCESS WITH BATTLEFIELD 4™ PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
    Experience dynamic ocean combat in Naval Strike as the Chinese Armada takes the fight to the sea. Battlefield 4™ Naval Strike is one of five themed expansion packs included in BF4 Premium membership.
    http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/expansion-packs/naval-strike [battlefield.com]

Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth - "The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare."
    Experience all-out urban warfare in new multiplayer maps taking place in war-torn cities locked down by the Chinese army. Battlefield 4™ Dragon's Teeth is one of five expansion packs that is included in BF4 Premium.
    http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/expansion-packs/dragons-teeth [battlefield.com]

Battlefield 4 Final Stand - "Bring the war to its epic conclusion."
    The war is reaching its epic conclusion in Battlefield 4™ Final Stand. More information on this expansion pack will be available at a later date. Battlefield 4™ Final Stand is included in BF4 Premium and is the fifth expansion pack for Battlefield 4.
    http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/expansion-packs/final-stand [battlefield.com]

Pre-order Battlefield 4 and gain China Rising Expansion Pack at no extra cost. [battlefield.com]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

anyone else get the BF4 beta in their Origin account even though I haven't preordered the game yet?
    it says it can't be played because it's not released yet though

Skerries wrote: »
    anyone else get the BF4 beta in their Origin account even though I haven't preordered the game yet?
    it says it can't be played because it's not released yet though

Yes. It's a trial version.

Full game of Obliteration, ending is quite funny.

This Levolution things is great, okay the car alarm going off wont really make much difference between I am loving the weather in Paracel Storm - it goes being a nice island to what appears to be an intense battle in gritty conditions - real war like (i'd say?)

Full game of Obliteration, ending is quite funny.

Check out at 3.00 to 3.10 - the killer (support guy) runs over around 20 metres and then decides to shot - wierd

• Advertisement

LevelCap going over the weapons.

Can't wait to try out the ACE since I loved the Galil in err, COD :P

Advertisement